I NEED A PROFESSIONAL OPINION

Username: Jellie_nwb

Post Number: 1
I HAVE 4 PIONEER PREMIER SPL12'S. THEY ARE 750 WATTS RMS AND 2000 MAX. TEHY ARE DUAL VOICE COILED AT 4OHMS. WHAT IS A GOOD AMP OR AMPS THAT I CAN GET FOR A REASONABLE PRICE

Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 62
you should run 2 amps to all 4 of them....
what i would do if i was you:

purchase 2x JBL BP1200.1 amplifiers from sounddomain.com or kicker KX1200.1 amps from somewhere and run 2 of the subs to 1 amplifier, and the other 2 to another amplifier.

wire them in paralell and you'll be pumping out a little more than 600w rms to each subwoofer which is reasonable. just make sure you have an alternator that can put out about 250-300 amps or so, because those amps will suck the life out of you car with that much power. the JBL bp1200.1 amps go for about $300 each and the kicker KX1200.1 go for around $450 each, i would strongly reccomend either

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 911
they are DVC, 4 Ohms per coil?
they can be wired in a series-parallel configureation to get a 2 Ohm load.
the JBL BP1200.1 is a good amp, and would provide 300 watts each to the subs.
you're going to need a high output alternator for that much power as well.

Unregistered guest
I HAVE 2 ECLIPSE SW8112 DVC, AND I AM LOOKING AT THE JBL BP1200.1 TO USE, THESE SPEAKERS ARE AT 1000 WATTS EACH. THESE ARE NOT BRIDGEABLE AMPS, SHOULD I RUN 1 AMP TO BOTH PARALLEL AT 2 OHMS, OR RUN 2 AMPS AT 4 OHMS EACH? OR IF YOU KNOW A BETTER WAY OR A BETTER AMP......PLEASE HELP

D.A.W.
Unregistered guest
Nakamichi PA-8001 amplifiers. You can start with one, and latter buy another as they can be wired together to double the power output. DONT TRY THIS WITH ANY OTHER AMPS! The Nakamichi's are made to do this, most other amps are not!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us