4channel amp ruined my system help

DannyTSTC
Unregistered guest
I have a 93 del sol with a pioneer deh-1500 head unit, infinty ref. series shallow mount fronts reg. mounts back, 61/2's all around (there r 4) I just got ahold of a free cuspid(crap) 4 channel 400 X 4 "supposedly" and i have 2 crappy 10's that i soldered up and put into a bandpass, my friend and i wired a 500 watt wiring kit exactly as we were supposed to, except we couldnt find the amp, the stero work fine with the wiring kit all installed, but then we found the amp and wired it in, bridge the subs, then turned on the head unit, but thats when it screwed me, i have no sound to my speakers at all, the subs and infintys are silent at full volume, if you took the time to read all of this and you have a suggestion for me, please post

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 84
Danny, 4CH amps are not designed for subwoofers. They are designed for components, door spkrs, etc. Mono block amps are SPECIFICALLY designed for subs. Did u have ALL the spkrs running off that one amp? What resistance do the subs have? Are they DVC? I think you might have put too heavy a load on that amp, Dude. If u bridged both channels, wired dvc subs parrallel, that amp would see 1ohm. If u somehow wired in all the other speakers to the amp as well, it would read even lower. First check the fuse at the battery, then let me know.lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us