RE x.x.x. 12" questions

ReFan01
Unregistered guest
1)What is the frequency range for this sub?
2) Is 1200 watts rms under powering this sub?
3) what kind of amp would yall recommend for this sub?
4) What do you guys think about the hifonics xx-zeus with 1600 at 1 ohm?
5) What is the fuse rating on the hifonics xx-zeus amp?

LittleJ05
Unregistered guest
i am not sure man but i am sure someone on here can help you out

pleasehelp425
Unregistered guest
bump

Anonymous

Depends on your box, but in most instances, 1200wrms is sufficent.

As far as amps go, IMO, kicker kx1200.1, orion 1200D, JBL gto1201.1

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7491
1)What is the frequency range for this sub?

this completely depends on the box you choose and the response curve of that box in the car you're using. I can get a flat response from that sub down to 9Hz in a good sealed box, which is well below human hearing, and well below the cut off frequency for digital filters on audio CDs, and well below the response range for any other audio medium used in cars, like radio, tape, and DVD.

2) Is 1200 watts rms under powering this sub?

not at all. I drive a pair of them with 1280 watts each.

3) what kind of amp would yall recommend for this sub?

that again will depend on your budget, the type of box for the sub(s) and your car's capability to handle that much current draw. I use a bridged Orion XTR2250 "Beast" on each sub myself in an AP enclosure.

4) What do you guys think about the hifonics xx-zeus with 1600 at 1 ohm?

not a hifonics fan.

5) What is the fuse rating on the hifonics xx-zeus amp?

download the PDF manual from their site to check.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 836
glass...sense this is the only thread i have seen you on lately...i am hoping you will come back and see what he has to say and see this as well...REfan01...im not trying to hijack your thread...sorry...but glass...can u give me some help...

1) I am going to have a 150 amp alt in my car...no new battery yet...and i want to know if this alt will be fine for all of this stuff...i have 6 12 inch neon tubes in my car....neon underbody kit, Ed nine.1 amp powering a 15 inch Ti in a ss box. my hu and all the other normal stuff...and i am considering some tv's as well in my headrests...but at a later date...is this alt big enough to power all of that opitmily (new word) haah...

2)I have a 1998 plymouth neon expresso...how much edead should i use on my trunk...just my trunk...square feet...better safe than sorry.

3) Will the ed nine.1 at 2 ohms (900 watts rms be too much for the Eclipse ti... (750) watts rms
or is there another amp you would consider that will power it more optimily haha and be cheaper...the ednine.1 is 350 bucks

4) I am giong for HUGE SPL...anything else i could do to make it hit harder...instead of an ss box..what box would be cheaper and have bigger SPL numbers...is there anything im missing...and what box gives the best spl

Thank you...i have more questions...jsut cant think of them right now...Thank you ALOT

Bronze Member
Username: Kronik

Post Number: 13
If you want pure SPL you should try a different sub.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 131
hey Refan01,if its any help, I'm running a 15" x.x.x. with an Infinity 1210a mono amp 1200w rms x 1 @ 2 ohms. the box itself, I built myself. Its 4.5 cubes,slot ported, tuned to 28 Hz. It sounds so fu***n insane.. so loud.As for the amp, whatever you do don't go Hifonics. they suck so much balls.I just to own the hifonics 1500, used it with my 15 x.x.x and it pounded about half as loud as my Infinty. ask around in here and you'll find out that Hifonics amps are so over rated. GO WITH AN INFINITY, MTX, KICKER, OR ORION ONLY. Make sure its a mono sub amp with around 1000 w rms and you'll be fine. good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us