Motor's???

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1025
what is the best of the best motor out there for spl? sq? all around? and like...how do certain motors perfor...this about the only part of the sub i dont udnerstand

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3486
SPL depends mainly on motor strength, which correlates with how the voice coil reacts with the magnet. SPL subs such as Digital Designs use a voice coil that doesn't overhang as much and isn't quite as tall (in a ratio of course) to the gap height. And they use an extremely strong motor. All around SQ/SPL, underhung motors and other similar designs such as the XBL^2 from Adire work very well. They provide a wide, flat BL curve throughout the excursion range. Some overhung designs can work well, but IMO not quite as effective as underhung for overall SQ.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1030
that just blew my mind

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 232
lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3487
Adire audio has PDFs explaining their XBL^2 technology in comparison to other subwoofer designs, that'll give you some knowledge about voice coil to gap alignment and BL curve.

Digital Designs also have great support of their products and an overview of their subs on their site.

Both can give you an idea of what they are geared toward.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 233
jon's the man. don't be a stanger bud. we need more guru's like you around here. how's glass doing? did i hear correctly, is he getting married?

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 234
the only advice i give around here is really just regurgitated info from jonathan, glass, isaac, and a couple others. lol :-)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3490
Didn't hear if he was getting married, last I heard was he just had friends with benefits :-)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3491
Of course with my luck his fiancee would read this thread and get mad at him because of something I said.

Ms.Glasswolf
Unregistered guest
god d*mn you jonathan!! thats it you and glass will never speak again!! glass is not allowed to come out and play on the forum anymore as long as people like you are here spreading rumors about me!! friends with benifits...geesh!!how rude. i prefer to be called his beyotch!!

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 239
lol. it didnt come from glass's mouth!:-)
i dont know what's up. just third-hand knowledge from me. you actually know him. i miss him. lol. man, he's a smart mother f#cker. i see him pop up on caraudiocentral.net every once in a while. ya'll have taught me more about car audio than i could ever research on my own. you gotta pick up the slack bro. j/k. i try to spread what i've learned from ya'll; hope it's accurate. considering i have bookmarked most of the posts ya'll have written i feel confident throwin it out :-)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3493
"god d*mn you jonathan!!"

That reminds me, I gotta call my girlfriend :-)

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 240
mine's b1tchin at me right now to get off the computer!

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 241
shut up h0. just joking :-) lol.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 242
dude, if ya'll ever need any free financial advice, holla at me. it's the least i could do.
http://www.agedwards.com/fc/joseph.bulger

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3494
That's what half of the yelling in my ear is about, free financial advice :-) "You and your hobbies!"

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 243
lol.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 244
this is one hobby that's bad on the finances.:-) it's worth it though.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1036
yea jonathon has taught me a ton as well, so has glass but i never see him anymore, we have emailed a few times lol, he convinced me to go to ii this summer

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 447
jonathan's girlfriend > jonathan

???:-)???

Just kidding...lol

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7507
I'd be here more but this board is just so hard to keep up with unless I'm here 3 times a day or more, and lately its more like once every 3 days. The threads just scroll too fast, and too many new ones to follow.
No I'm not getting married, geesh.
There are a lot of knowledgeable folks around. It's just a matter of finding ones with the time to share what they know, and a willingness to do so. It takes time to accumulate knowledge on any subject, and usually once you have, you're sought after for employment which keeps you too busy to really mentor or help anyone else in your free time, or ya get so burned out on it at work, it's the last thing you want to do when you get home.
Just think about that last comment in regards to a gynacologist. *g*

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 252
lol. i hear ya man.

sorry about the marriage thing, didnt mean to spread rumors.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us