Kove Audio or JL Audio

Honda400ex
Unregistered guest
I am buying a car off my buddy and he said he already has a pair of jl 12w4's or possibly the 12w3's,in a band pass box. Right now I have a pair of Kove Audio KMG K pro Series 12's, in a sealed box. So what box, sub combo should I keep and which ones should I sell?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 813
Don't think there is such a thing as w4's, they are w3's. Depending on what amp's are used, I would have to go with the Jl's.

Honda400ex
Unregistered guest
Well I put $1000 down on the car. He is going to stick it in his garage. The car is a hatchback and its already got some Sony Xplodes in the rear, but from what ive read around here sony isnt very good. If I do go with the w3's and try to sell my koves and xplodes what amp would match them? And would they sound better sealed?

honda400ex
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know an amp that would match the jl's for under 300 possibly?

honda400ex
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know an amp that would match the jl's for under 300 possibly?

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 422
what is the rms rating on those kove subs, ive heard good things about kove audio, they might hit harder than those w3's.

Honda400ex
Unregistered guest
They are 400w rms.

honda400ex
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know the rms is on the w3's?

honda400ex
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know the rms is on the w3's?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 112
i belive they are 250 RMS

i would go with a 500/1 but that is around 400 on ebay

others could help you out more sorry

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1336
Depends on the size. The 15 and the 18 are 400 rms. I think the 12 is 250 rms.

honda400ex
Unregistered guest
They are the 12's. So you all think the jl's would sound better even though they are 250w rms and my koves are 400w rms?

honda400ex
Unregistered guest
They are the 12's. So you all think the jl's would sound better even though they are 250w rms and my koves are 400w rms?

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 116
The rms rating doesnt really have anything to do with it.My jl 12w6 is rms at 400watts and i would bet any amount of money that it sounds better than a 800 watt rms sony sub.Sorry never heard kove audio,but i would go with the jls,and for an amp look into zapco,orion hcca,ppi pc pcx series,jbl,mtx,jl.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1345
I have heard that Kove Audio makes some very nice stuff.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1624
yup I have heard the same I am surew Hunter can shed some light on this situation if he shows up sometime soon. He is good with the lesser knwn companies. Hey twiztid you forgot the Orion XTR,SX series ,and the best line of PPI's ams the (art series) much better then the PC and PCX!

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 117
Oh yea,i was just giving some examples tho.And you cant forget arc audio,us amps,.You just cant list em all.

honda400ex
Unregistered guest
I guess Ill have to wait and see which ones sound better. What are some websites I can trust to buy off of with decent priced amps?

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 426
if you have the JL W3 D4 v2 the rms is 300w but the old ones are 250rms. i was only refering to the rms value of the koles to see if they were the high level subs like JL's W7 or ID's IDMAX or RE's X.X.X.

Bronze Member
Username: Doug_w

Post Number: 17
"12w3's,in a band pass box"

Get those JL's out of a bandpass box! Put them in sealed or ported depending on what your looking for but for the love of god get them out of bandpass!

hondas400ex
Unregistered guest
The Koves are the Armageddon Pro Series. Like I said there 400 watts rms. I dont know what they peak at.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3429
The Kove armageddons are good subs, but you may want to check around because they used to have some issues with the voice coils. That was a few years back though, they probably fixed the problem by now. Kove makes great stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1047
yep. good stuff, just like jon said. i believe there lower end stuff is very nice too. the magmas, and what not

honda400ex
Unregistered guest
Hunter- Do you think the Armageddons will sound better than the jl's. If not I will go ahead and sell them since I have them and the jl's are in the car.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1074
yes i do believe as long as it is for more spl application, but i would take them

honda400ex
Unregistered guest
OK, What type of amp would you recommend. The subs are 4 ohm dvc. I have them wired to 1 ohm. I need one that is 800w rmsx1 at 1 ohm.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1081
memphis mc1000d. orion 275 hcca. hifonics bx1000( if you are poor like me) usamps,crossfire vr1000. lanzar opti2000.

Unregistered guest
I would go with the Kove audios. I had a pair of Armageddons in my Ranger, and it was loud enough to stop normal breathing. NO LIE! i had a 300 watt Crossfire amp hooked-up to both of them and it was pleanty sufficient. If you have any questions about the Koves, just e-mail me at Domeztikdream214@aol.com and i can also probably get u a good deal on an amp if u will pay the amp price and shipping. Enjoy the system though. And if you decide to go with the JL's, lemme know how much u want for the Koves!

Unregistered guest
I would go with the Kove audios. I had a pair of Armageddons in my Ranger, and it was loud enough to stop normal breathing. NO LIE! i had a 300 watt Crossfire amp hooked-up to both of them and it was plenty sufficient. If you have any questions about the Koves, just e-mail me at Domeztikdream214@aol.com and i can also probably get u a good deal on an amp if u will pay the amp price and shipping. Enjoy the system though. And if you decide to go with the JL's, lemme know how much u want for the Koves!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us