Help with snapping noise comming from speaker at certain volume.

Username: Renob02

Post Number: 1
hello.i have a problem.i have a set of cdt components in my doors and a set of cdt compnents in kickpanel enclorsures.when the volume hits a certain level the right speaker in the door will make a loud crack or snap sound.it sounds perfect all the time exept when it gets that loud or louder.none of the other speakers do this.so as you can see its annoying and i cant turn my stereo up any louder and it would be great to know how to fix this.i have the 2 sets of components powered by a soundstream van goh 500.4. thank you for your help.

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 99
Do you have an extra mid (assuming it's the mid making the noise) laying around that you could see if it's the CDT mid or something in the install? Or switch the speakers around and see if the sound follows the speakers or stays where it is.

Post Number: 2
i dont have an extra mid so ill have to switch the door speakers around, but just so i no if it follows the speaker what could be wrong and if it stays in the same place what could be wrong?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1624
Do you have the correct filters on your speakers? If you don't, make sure you have the correct High-pass filters.

Post Number: 3
yeah im sure ive got the right filters hooked up right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us