Battery troubles

Bronze Member
Username: Chinaman_87

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 22
hey my system is killing my battery but it didnt do it when i first got my system. i know it could be the alternator but could the power be running off somewhere? if so, where? thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 102
might have a dead cell in youre battery, upgrade to a red top, you might also need to upgrade youre alternator

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1864
its deff your alternator. the more and more you work your alternator past its limits it pulls from your battery. Now if you upgrade to a deep cycle it will deff help because the deep cycle battery's have the ability to be brought back up to full charge once they are worked hard but a normal battery will never get back to full charge. if a normal battery starts at 100% and gets dropped down to 0% it will never get back to 100% it will be like 90% then if dropped down again it wont even get to 90% more like 80% and so on and so on. Deep cycle battery's can be dead and then charged back to 100% multiple times and they also recharge faster then standard battery's/

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 321
deep cycles also provide a more powerful constant current.

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 79
Get a Deep cycle and a isolator or get a better alernator

Bronze Member
Username: Chinaman_87

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 24
well how do i find out how much my alternator is putting out? is there a device out there that can shut off the current that is draining the battery while the car is off? would that be the ground?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Im not a pro but i got a 200 amp isolator charging a optima yellowtop battery in my trunk which is running the amp and the subs and it works for me, i can sit there for hours and beat, if my subs could only take it. I do have a big stock alternator though but it should work for you. If not a bigger better alternator will do the trick

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
I got it all for about $250 and it does the trick
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us