I expected more! but i was happy with the outcome lol

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 885
well today at school some kid was bragging about his new system and stuff and he said he had the w6v2 powered by a 500/1...ive known this kid...he doesnt know anything so we went out after school to show me(i havent heard one before so i was excited) well..he had this really nice looking setup and everything looked great.....but since you guys say they are amazing...no doubt they are to me now lol...but we compared my eclipse al to his 12 inch w6v2...no doubt his got a little louder but sound can be decieving lol...but mine def had him in the sq department..i thought thats what these subs are for...both were very close..and he had everything done at the audio store near our school in bufu lol...but i think the eclipse al is a little bit better than the w6v2...just my opinion..but his did hit harder..it was also a 12 though

Bronze Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 54
box baby , all about the box

Silver Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 104
car sound and electronics has a review on the 12 inch w6 on their web site. they call it the best sounding sub theyve ever heard. the 12 inch w6 is supposed to be jl's best sq sub, even better then the w7's

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 888
personally i dont think that w7's have that great of sq because i cant think straight when they are turned up haha...but yea i know its all about the box joseph....and i think the box was fine..tom ill find out what size it was....but it was sealed and looked great...my guess would be about 2 cubic feet...but yea..it did sound good...but we aggreed the eclipse sounded better

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
thats no suprise though, because when people ask who makes the best sq subs, eclipse is alwaye mentioned with jl, diamond, idmax, re

Bronze Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 55
check out my box with 10w6v2, it slams harder than two 12w3's I have heard in sealed box with more power ,https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/126628.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
check out my 2 10 inch w7's, they hit harder then 3 10 inch w6's, j/k http://www.carstereo.com/installs/photo_gallery_album.cfm?galleryid=533

Bronze Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 57
very nice

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
you should post youre stereo on
carstereo.com im sure youre set up will do good

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 889
who?

Silver Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 112
W7 owners around here are gonna sh!t when they see the LMT, especially when it sounds better and stomps their azz in SPL :-)

best sound woofer besides the LMT I ever heard was definitely the audiomobile Evo-R 15", a pair.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
i was talking to joseph. first off jl's arent really known for spl , there sq subs. if i really wanted something that loud i would have gone re mt's or some tripple x's. im more in to sq then anything. when you say lmt do you mean re mt. second wheres youre set up, what do you have.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 892
chief has the best spl setup on this forum i believe

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 893
chief has the best spl setup on this forum i believe, and he said its going to sound better as well

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
what does he have

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1892
I believe he has the TC 4hp's 15's they are supposed to be abslutely amazing but I have never heard them. Hunter and him talk about them all the time. those two know more new sick companies that havnt made it big yet then anyone I know. Hunter is the reason I found out about Ascendant audio.

Anonymous

chief has sony sub's and amp's best company when i comes down to SLP and SQ!

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=55;t=035127#000000

theres the link to what will be going in.

the system being installed has been pushed back another two weeks. i just bought a 300 amp alternator! also my dad is going to let me buy a brand new yellow top from him for $90 (i know yellows aren't that great).

when I say LMT I mean TC LMT. It actually has a flatter curve than XBL^2, so SQ is better even though human ears aren't sensitive enough to hear it. But you can sure hear 48mm each way x-max.

for SPL i'm going with a pair of orion xtr pro 2400's and a DD 9917. i'll be able to change out the LMT and add another orion in less than two minutes.

PS - the LMT I have doesn't use the 4HP motor. It is a totally custom tooled motor just to show how extreme they could really go with it. I doubt this motor shows up anywhere, if EVER. LM technology will be available (its already been developed) for all the other lines TC has.

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
also, one of my friends just let me listen to his eclipse aluminums last month. they were definitely awesome and i wouldn't hesistate to own a pair.

subfanatic knows about the TC as well (tc makes eclipse's alum's, ti's, and ti pro's)

Anonymous

like does not work!

Anonymous

link does not work?

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
don't click the link, for some reason you have to copy and paste the whole thing for it to work.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 895
yea..TC is awesome...but that sub you have is like a dream...wow id like one...but im pretty happy with what im getting setup before summer lol..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us