Going from old school to new & improved.

Anonymous

I currently own a Hifonics Ophilia 5-way x-over. I used it in competition years ago...(1990).

I am looking to put two amps into my truck now and don't have any idea what x-over would be good. I know it needs to be 2-way, and that is why I don't need to use that huge Hifonics one I have.

Any suggestions on a good 2-way, or can I just get components with their own passive x-over and put something on the bass amp?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6048
www.audiocontrol.com
2XS crossover

Anonymous

Thanks GlassWolf. I've seen some of your work on this sight...a lot of people look to you for input. I admire you for being there to help the unknowing like myself.

As I said, I used to compete, but that was ages ago. I now just want to play.

One more question, Do I still put the passive crossover on the components even with the 2XS crossover, or should I buy seperates that don't come with a crossover?

Anonymous

Don't mean to bother you but I wasn't sure if you saw my question about the passive crossovers that come with the component sets.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6081
Ok, the 2XS is a 2-way XO to split high and low for two amps.
You'll still need the crossovers for the component set as well, which handle splitting frequencies between the midrange and tweeter.
The 2XS will split at line level between your sub amp and component amplifier.

What did ya compete in?
I used to compete in IASCA Pro circuit in the early to mid 90s mainly.

Anonymous

I don't know where my head was, I wasn't even thinking about the tweeter.

I only competed in the local shows close to where I lived when I was in California. After I got married and had kids...14 years ago, I decided to put away some of the toys and become a family man...now that I have some time I want to play with more stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6114
you see people, this.. this is why I'm not married!!!

hahaha

Unregistered guest
HELLO PEOPLE. I HAVE 2 AMPS SINCE I WAS A TEEN AND THEY STILL BANG THE SH#T OUT OF MY SUBS. "HIFONICS ORIGINAL BY ZED AUDIO SERIES VIII ZEUS AND MY OTHER PAL SHERWOOD 240 BP WITH INTERNAL FAN. ILL PUT THOSE AMPS NEXT TO ANYTHING OUT ON THE MARKET TODAY AND THERE WILL BE NO COMP!!!!!

Unregistered guest
Any passive crossover will give you to much insertion loss, get a series VII 2 way Vega. If your gonna keep the same one in the car it can be used in seperate mode. The a@b eq/crossover operate independetly except for a monobase output. Any further ?s feel free to email me, i have a couple of these leftover from the 90's with the manual and have used one of them before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us