TWiZTiD, how is the 225G4?

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 158
arent you running your infinity perfects with the 225G4? how does it sound? i'm just finding it hard to believe that "25" watts could be enough. it's waaaay underrated huh?

isaac, do you run your comps with the 225G4? anyone else run 4 ohm comps with the HCCA 225? does it draw the same amount of current running components as a normal 75 or 100 watt amp or does it draw 25 watts worth of current?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1708
JW, you sound like a non believer! I'll help you to convert. Come on over, ha ha.
Like I have said numerous times before, it is one of the best sounding amps I've tested. PPI's Art series and Xtant come pretty close.
Don't judge the amp based on "25w" or "50w" (250G4) numbers. I'm telling you it'll be the loudest 25w or 50w amp you'll hear.
From the current meter, it didn't draw that much on my test. Somewhere between 3A - 10A. It's the low bass that eats up current, not mids/highs.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 114
J.W. you must beleive in the force!! No but really it is very underrated plus its unregulated so if you have a good electrical system you will get more power from it.The ratings are very underrated and rated at 12volts.I will be running my perfects with it when i get them installed but for now it is hooked up to one type r at 4 ohms bridged and it is giving it way more than 50watts trust me,it produces nice low bass,not a whole lot cuz the sub is rms at 300 and the amp is probly giving it 100-125 somewhere around there.As for the perfects in the manual it sayss they will perform good even with less than 100 watts,it says at least 50watts rms,so i think i will be alright.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1312
Twiztid, can you explain the orion amp being unregulated to me? I think I have an idea of the whole concept, but nobody has ever said anything about regulated vs. unregulated amps. Are most higher quality amps unregulated?

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 115
Joe,Im not positive on this so feel free to correct me if im wrong isaac,or anyone else. Ok unregulated amps mean the more volts you give it the more power it will put out. Regulated power amps means if your electrical system is running at 12v or 14v it will still put out the power it says. Example of unregulated-if your electrical system is at 12 volts it might put out 100watts rms but if its running at 14volts it might put out 200 watts.Example regulated-if your electrical system is running at 12volts it will take wut it needs to run at rms if its running at 14volts it will still just take wut it needs and still put out the same rms.
It doesnt matter in the quality or price or brand anything like that when it comes to regulated/unregulated it either is or isnt.pyramid might be unregulated and jl might be regulated it doesnt mean pyramid is gonna be better.Hope that made some sense and helped.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 159
lol. i think i just needed to hear it from ya'll one more time :-) i'm a believer now.

so stay away from the G5 model b/c they are not US made right? or were some of the G5's made here?
the digital reference line is good b/c they don't require the bridging module to bridge them, correct?

here's a good link i came across the other day - old orion manuals:
http://www.orioncaraudio.com/alley/Manuals.asp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1721
The first generation of HCCA needed a bridging module. Most G5, if not all were made after DEI buyout. So I wouldn't trust it.
The firs time you listen to G4 amp, be prepared for a shock.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1722
I just ordered a Real Time Spectrum analyzer. Now I won't have to rely on my ears for the setup. Parametric equalizer requires more than just ears to adjust the frequencies in the car. Things you need, to get a perfect sound in a car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1735
TWiZTiD, I see you're bidding on Orion HCCA 250G4 amp. I was going to make an offer but I recognized your eBay ID!
I'll let you have this one.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 125
Yea if i get it i am the highest bidder but it ends in seven hours so wish me luck!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1755
That amp will be a steal at that price.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1449
Oh $hit I didn't even see that g4 when I searched. Jesus, count me in on that one. PLz TWIZTID, I need it, lol.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1450
Shoot, the guy doesn't even know if it works...

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1454
Jeese, only 3 hours. I really wanna jump on this, but I'm worried about the not knowing if it works part.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 405
If any of yall want an hcca275g4, i know where to get one for 300+shipping.

actually i know where to get 2...but the guy will only sell them as a pair and i only want 1. I'm prolly gonna sell my bp1200.1 and brahma 10" and buy one if i can find someone to buy the other.

hit me w/ an email if yall want the info.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1765
Man that is a GREAT amp. I have 2 of them... :-)
One of the sweetest sounding amp. It produced very accurate and smooth bass as well as mids and highs. Why don't you buy both and put one on sale at eBay? Last 275G4 sold for over $400.

Joe Smoe, why don't you save up a little and buy 275G4 model? Someone's selling 2 of them as a pair. You can share the cost with another person.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1468
Yeah, but I'm gonna run a 15 Avalanche with it just like James is gonna do. 275g4 would be too much power.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1767
Okay that was stupid. I was replying to few messages at the same time.
Joe read Marshall's post above. It is a great deal. Much better than 250G4 on sale @ eBay right now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1769
No it's not too much power. Trust me. Depending on how you configure your sub, it'll match perfectly. Besides, all you have to do is use self control with the volume knob.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1472
Ahhh, stop putting these idea's into my head.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1772
Is it working? I hate to see a great amp go to waste. I just about ran out of money. If not, I would've bought a 3rd 275G4 amp! :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1473
Jeese, I really would love to have the 275g4, but I really don't neeeeeed it, and I would like to spend the lest amount of money I can. I still gotta buy the Avalanche and build the box, buy new wiring and order a new alternator.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 128
I just cant win! Ok if anyone on here out bid me on that 250g4 its yours i cant afford it now. You b*stards!! J/k but i really need that amp! Il just wait til next pay check and see if there are anymore on there,if not then im givin up on the orions and gettin a zapco ref. 500.1 Have fun with that amp.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1476
It's mine. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was willing to go up to 250, I was hoping you didn't want it that bad.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 130
When you get it let me now if it works ok just so i can smack myself for blowin all my money and not havin enough for the amp.Or if it doesnt work,ill be glad but il feel bad for you,good luck hope it works for you.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1477
$hit!!!!! Some motherfu*king f@g outbid me at the very last second. I bet a million bucks he had one of those autobidding programs that bid with like 1 or 2 seconds left.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1478
How guess fu*king what? The guy that outbid me couldn't pay, so the guy put the amp back up for buy it now at my last bid, 225. I got the email this morning from ebay about it, and it said the amp would be up for buy it now untill March 9. I almost crapped my pants. So I went and checked it out and the fu*king seller ended the auction early.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1776
Man that sucks. Maybe you should consider 275G4 amp? It's not that far away from your bid price. I am telling you, 275 can be configured to power 150w rms to 1200w rms.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1480
I think I might go with the 275...

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 407
like i said...if any of yall wanna split that pair of 275g4's w/ me, let me know!

i want one for my SX15...but only one!

the guy is selling the pair of 275g4's for $600+shipping...its a great deal. (i'm pretty sure he wouldnt mind shipping to 2 different addresses, just as long as he sells both amps at the same time!)

oh...and one more thing, these amps have raw aluminum heatsinks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1780
I have one just like it. I'm going to paint it with chrome and maybe even add a custom Orion logo. Or I might just paint the whole amp chrome.
Joe Smoe, don't wait too long. If people find out just how great 275 is, I am sure it'll be gone soon.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1482
Marshall, I think I'm gonna go for it with you.
Email me at tohot2handle62@hotmail.com with the details.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1784
Marshall you can mail my commission... :-)
Joe very good choice, I would've bought it had I not purchased a solar panel for charging my battery.
It's a foldable kind. I could let my battery charge during summer while parked.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 409
ok isaac...i'll send you 0.0001% :-)

you think i'll notice much difference in the sound of this amp and my old bp1200.1? (on my SX15)

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 410
joe smoe...do you have an AIM or yahoo messenger ID?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1750
hey Joe if you dont want it let me know I will grab it :-) Isaac you got me hooked man lol:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1789
Marshall, that amp will show most improvement with component speakers. BP1200.1 is a good amp but most of the reviews people did, they only played booming bass. Not one put in a high quality classical cd like I did. In my testing, I was able to hear the quality difference.
It really depends on the type of music you listen to. I listen to all types of music, mostly with nice SQ.
One more thing, I do have standards. Any commission less than 1 million dollars, I refuse to accept... :-)

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 411
james and joe:
i may let you 2 have those amps...my money situations isnt what i thought it was. :-(

james:
email me if you want the link, i'm not gonna post it...someone may jump on it before any of us can...lmao

isaac:
read my other thread

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1484
Hey James, as long as I don't find another 250g4 then I'm still in if you wanna buy them with me. Marshall gave me the link to see pictures of them, they look nice. All shiny and $hit.

Username: 93champs

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3
yo joe you have a second?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1485
uhh, yeah what is it?

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 4
sick guy, thanks, nobody wants to answer me, I have a 2 channel amp and I want to run four speakers off it, I have all of them hooked up a, but I'm only getting sound out of two of them, what have I done wrong or what do I still have to do?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1486
Do you have 2 subs wired in series/parallel and then the other 2 wired in series/parallel and then each pair going to seperate channels?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1801
Joe Smoe, forget 250G4, if you can get 275G4 do it. It is much harder to get that model.
275G4 works great as a sub amp. There's enough power to make my 18" sub dance like 12". The bass is so smooth and clean, sometimes I forget how much power is flowing.
I'm using 250G4 for front, another one for rear, and 275 for my sub. Great setup. So save up your money and get 275G4 first then 250G4.

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 5
no bro I have my two speakers in the front (6 1/2) and two in the back, I have one amp for my sub, and I want to run the speakers off the other one

Gold Member

Post Number: 1803
By using only one amp to power both front and rear, you'll lose the ablity to fade.
Now when you say only one pair sounds, which is it? The front or rear or is it left or right?

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 7
It's the right (passanger side), I don't care that much about fade, I had a four channel, but it was all wacked out so it's getting fixed rightr now. So what I did was double up on the jacks, but only sound on the two speakers. Yo by the way your the man if you can help me out, any time you come to Montreal, I'll make sure you see the city like a real player!

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 8
yo by the way does phoenix gold make good speakers (component)?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1487
Yeah Isaac, I'm goin with the 275. I'm not sure on the specs of it though? I'm gonna have to run it at 4 ohms to the Avalanche because the Aval. is dual 2 ohms. I know the 275 will put out way too much at 1 ohm for the sub. If Marshall doesn't have enough money hopefully James will go in on the 275's with me. I don't think he can pass the price up :-)

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 9
yo isaac whats up g? help me out

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 10
anybody in this whole place that can help me out with a little addvice

Gold Member

Post Number: 1805
Joe Smoe, when you get 275G4, try it in 1ohm mode. It's not going to give you 1500w rms right away. That'll only happen if you raise the volume. Start off at minimum setting and slowly raise it.
The spec is identical to 250G4 except the power.
@4ohms, it'll give you 300w real rms, @2ohms 600w rms, and @1ohm, 1200w rms. Those are the minimum.
I shouldn't have installed the G4 amp to power my sub. Now I can't switch it back to class D.

Dave Shaprio, are you saying only the right side of the car works?
Try this to find the problem. Disconnect all speaker wires. Now take your fronts and connect it to the amp. See if you get sound. If you do, repeat the same procedure with the rears. If you still get sound, then take your left front and rear and wire them in parallel (pos to pos and neg to get). Now attach it to amp. If everything is okay, you should have sound only on your left. Now do the same for the right. If you get sound everywhere, then amp and speakers are fine.
If however, you don't get sound, then you know the amp has a problem.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1490
Yeah Isaac, I know I could run it alright just as long as I kept the volume down. Only problem is then you wouldn't be able to hear my speakers as well. In all honesty, I don't think the subwoofer knob on the Alpine unit's is really all it's that cracked up to be. Yeah, it's pretty cool, but the stupid thing is you can't turn it down all the way to totally have no signal going into your sub. If you turn your unit up past about 2/3, and then turn the knob all the way up and all the way down, there's not that big of a difference.

"Joe Smoe, when you get 275G4"

Lol, if I get it. I still need somebody else to go in it with me, Marshall doesn't have the cash now. :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1809
You might want to hit up on TWiZTiD if James can't afford it. After all his last bid was $210, only $90 away.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1810
You might want to hit up on TWiZTiD if James can't afford it. After all his last bid was $210, only $90 away.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1494
I think I have James convinced, lol. Marshall, where you at? I need to talk to the guy selling the amps.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 415
hey joe,

the guy selling the amps still hasnt responded to my email.

i'm gonna still TRY to get one of those 275's but i'm kinda 50/50 on if i'm gonna or not. i think johnny is gonna buy my bp1200.1 from me as soon as i get it back from jbl...i'm gonna give him nice deal on it. plus i'm gonna try to sell my brahma 10" for like $225...yall think i can get $225 for a freshly reconed brahma 10"??? (it will still have >2yrs of warranty left)

i'm gonna check on my money situation one more time...i still REALLY want that 275g4, i just need to make sure i have the cash or that i can get some cash to make up for what i spend on it by selling my older stuff.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1498
Hey marshall, I sent that guy an email as well. It was just a little while ago today, so I don't expect a response for a while. How long ago was it when you sent him an email, and have you talked to him at all yet?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 417
joe,

if i remember right, it was yesterday that i sent him an email. i had sent him an email before asking if he would just sell me one amp...he said that he would only sell them as a pair. the last time i heard from him was on the 3rd.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1512
Ok, well if it's only been like a day since you sent the email then he's probably just busy. I was just hoping you had heard from him once at least. Well, I'm sure James would like to know if your gonna buy one or not, because now I got him wanting one, lol. I'd like to get the ball moving and have the amp as soon as possible.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 418
i know exactly what your talkin bout...i wanna get my hands on a new amp as soon as i can!

i'm not gonna be 100% if i will or wont get one of those amps until after mardi gras nats. (this weekend)

i'll let ya know if he emails me.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1518
Ok, I emailed him too.

Silver Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 131
Yea nobody ever asks twiztid if he wants one of those amps,good lookin out isaac. Umm anyways whos name is on this thread? Thats right mine! Sorry got a little greedy with that,but yea il definatly go in with someone just let me know about when i can get it so i have the money for.Please pick me ive been tryin to get a 250g4 for ever,ask isaac. In fact he outbid me on one by $10,that little turd!!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1539
This is for a 275g4 though. If you still want it Marshall told me he's still in though, and then James is interested too, lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1828
Sorry TWiZTiD, had I recognized your user ID on eBay I would've let you win. But then again, I didn't just out bid you, there were 2 others ahead of you. So it was either me or them. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us