PPI a300.2 white art amplifier... Check it out

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 202
Hey i got one from ebay. The reserve was $100.00 and i offered this guy $ 130.00 not knowing that. to bad.. Oh well its a great amp and i cant wait to find a componant set for this amplifier. What whould be a dream match ?

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 171
nice. was that the amp that isaac recommended? i saw that one too. it looked like it was in great shape. congrats dude.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
thanks j.w.

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
Now that i own this great PPI a300.2 white art series amp. Someone help me find the best match for componants for this.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
?

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
?

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
?

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 173
Dynaudio 240 Esotar

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1759
MB Quarts, Boston, CDT, Infinity Kappa Perfect. Let me tell you, it'll be one of the best sounding amp you've ever heard. Time after time, my PPI 600.2 amp is beating out lot of popular name brands in sound quality. In fact I might buy another one.
Don't worry about the $130 price. You're lucky you got it at that price. I've seen some go for over $160.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
So tell me this.. How much more will i get then the 75 watts rms rating at 4 ohms it has.???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1774
You will get 75w of best sounding music and @2ohms double that. You won't appreciate much unless you have a "normal" amp to compare with. Find a cd with high quality music and listen. That amp will help you hear every single detail in the voice/instruments.

Bronze Member
Username: An_eagalach

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 64
Congrats on your PPI Art, you will be very happy. For reasonable prices on speakers, the Boston Acoustics ProSeries 6.5 are $339/pair at
http://www.woofersetc.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=237&1=238&2=1085
(I'm a big BA fan from way back.)

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 for $220/pair, Focal Utopia 165W for $558, and Dynaudio System 240 Esotar for $846 at http://shop.store.yahoo.com/vipmobileonline/24.html
Depending of course on how much you want to spend. I would probably lean towards the Bostons, but that's just personal taste.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1730
Hey Isaac that was a great recomendation lol Jeeze whats a guy gotta do to get some credit around here lolol J/K. nice purchase MO

Bronze Member

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 65
BTW, the Boston 6.5's are 3-ohm speakers, so your amp will be putting out a bit more than the 75w.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1778
James your "credit" is in the mail.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1747
lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
Thanks to everyone for the help and info. I will look into the bostons neil. Wont they be under powered with the a300.2 white art ppi amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
this amp can stay stable at 3 ohms for the bostons?? if so how much watts rms will it put out?

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 174
if it puts out 75watts at 4ohms and 150 at 2ohms, i'm guessing it would put out about 112.5 at 3ohms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1785
MO don't under estimate PPI's clean power. Very different than from most cheap amps. The sound would be so clear, you'd wish the amp was 1000w. You'll know once you listen to it. On some cds, you can actually hear the singer's breath.
To me that's quality. I've heard that on Orion and PPI amps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1786
If anyone else wants to buy a great sounding amp, eBay has PPI PC275 amp on sale that's ending soon. It is US made and very similar in performance as 300.2.
Once it's gone, you'll have to settle for RF/Kicker etc.

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
Isaac what you think about the boston 6.5's that neil mentioned. Congrats on your PPI Art, you will be very happy. For reasonable prices on speakers, the Boston Acoustics ProSeries 6.5 are $339/pair at
http://www.woofersetc.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=237&1=238&2=1085
(I'm a big BA fan from way back.)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1791
MO, that is a nice set of components. Personally I'd buy 3-way. Lots of people swear 2-way is good enough, but wait till you hear 3-way. The songs with voices, will come alive. Since they cost too much, I made my own 3-way system in my car (2-way plus 4" mid range I purchase separately).

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
Whats the best price you can find on the Pro 6.5 - Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5 neil?

julian
Unregistered guest
I know this isn't a amp question but could you get a ebay account with a bank card. It seems like the only way is with a credit card. I want in on those PPi and other cheaper amps so please tell me how.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1794
From what I know, you don't need a credit card. All you need is a bank account. In fact paypal's default is bank account. It just uses credit card as a backup. The PPI's Art and PC/PCX series are the only ones worth purchasing. Their current models aren't as good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
Hey Isaac whats a good 3 way componant set from boston or somthing good that will go good with the ppi a300.2

Bronze Member

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 69
The best price I've seen for new ProSeries 6.5's is in the link above to woofersetc.com for $339. I know your budget is $240, so this is about $100 more. If you hunt around on a site like ebay, you might be able to find them used for a lot less. I bought mine used for $200 at a local car stereo store.

The ProSeries 6.5 speakers sound very very good, to my ears at least. I've heard some people that they are too bright, but to me, the airiness and "shimmer" to the treble makes the imaging immediate and real.

I haven't heard the 3-way ProSeries 6.53 that Isaac mentions, but I understand they are amazing. Of course they cost a lot more -- on the woofersetc.com site, the 6.5's are $339 and the 6.53's are $699.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1796
Well, their Boston Acoustics Pro 6.53 3 way 6.5" is a great system. The only drawback is the price. $699. If you have the cash, then it'll be something that you'll buy once and never need to upgrade later.
Most 3 ways are like that, very costly. I've checked out most of the major brands, all same story. This is why I purchased 2-way component and installed 4" mid range myself. All you need is a separate active crossover and an amp for the mid range. Works great. If you don't want to get an amp just for midrange, then you could buy a 3-way passive crossover and use that. For example, if you decide to go with Boston, you could buy their 3-way crossover and use it with 2-way system along with midrange speaker.
It not as easy as buying a 3-way system, but then again, achieving great sound was never simple.
One brand worth looking/testing is Audiobahn's 3-way component 6.5" system. It is around $300. You might want to hear it in person and compare. Unlike lot of people, I have open minded. So I explore all brands/models regardless of reputations/rumors.

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
thanks.. arent those bostons neil mentioned like 200rms ?? If so will my ppi art a300.2 be good for them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1822
You worry too much. Bostons do not need 200w rms to produce great sounds. That's just the max. 75w is plenty.

Bronze Member

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 71
I second Isaac's comment. And anyway, your amp is underrated as far as output, plus the speakers are 3 ohm, so your is putting out easily over 100w. The BA's will do fine with this amp.

Bronze Member

Annandale, VA US

Post Number: 72
I second Isaac's comment. And anyway, your amp is underrated as far as output, plus the speakers are 3 ohm, so you're getting easily more than 100w. The BA's will do fine with this amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us