Please, a decent answer!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 170
Well how about my Audiobahn A8000T? It's only 400RMS @ 4ohms, and 800RMS @ 2ohms. I did a little math according to CC's site. Correct me if I'm wrong. They said to push a 4000W amp it takes 286 amperes of power. Well my 800W is 1/5 of that, so my amp would require 1/5 the power correct? Approx. 57.2 Amperes. I also used a formula I found on several websites converting watts to amps. It was W/V=A. According to my formula, if I use 800W RMS and 14.4V, I get 55.55555 Amperes. If I use 800W RMS and 12V it is 66.66666 Amperes. My stock alternator is I believe 80A, if so why shouldn't I be able to use that amp? I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want someone messing with that stuff in my car. There has to be another solution.
If that amp will not be able to be run, how about the JBL GTO 601.1. It will provide my subs with almost 300W RMS each. They are 500W RMS each, I don't think that would be underpowering them too terribly would it? I REALLY NEED TO KNOW!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1398
I think your supposed to calculate amps at 2 ohms. I'm not really sure, just always seen it done that way. 800 rms @ 2 ohms would be 80 amps, remember you have to factor in the efficiency of the amp. If it's class D then we'll asume it's 80% efficient, even though it's probably not. That meens to get 800 rms you have to draw an extra 160 watts.

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 96
Any amp can only draw up to what the size of the fuse is in the amp before popping and most don't draw as much as the fuse. So add all the fuses up and that will give you the max load it will pull from the battery.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
Thanks Donald, that has made the most sense yet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
60 for the Audiobahn...hrmmm...considering it will NEVER run at max lol I should be ok. BUT, I can't find a fuse rating for the JBL GTO 601.1 ANYWHERE. It's Dyanmic max power is like 587 though. Help...

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
Also, would the JBL run more efficiently giving me the watts it says it produces?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1407
I think JBL Audiobahn are pretty close in quality. Most people don't like Audiobahn, like me, but their amps aren't horrible.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
Ok, help me here, which would overall be better, the Cerwin Vega XL600D or the JBL GTO 601.1?
http://zalmar.com/details.cfm?modelno=XL-600D&cat=ignore

http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLGTO6011?ref=frog

First link is CV, second is JBL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
Ok, maybe no help is needed then...Pleas help lol!

Corkey
Unregistered guest
i have 2 15 inch pyramids and want to know if a 500-700 watt amp will be good? and on an equalizer what does RMT mean??

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1727
Audiobahn's A8000T/A8002T are good amps. I've tested it numerous times. They cost around $130 too. You can't beat that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
My link CORKEY, MY LINK LOL!

Silver Member

Post Number: 185
Seriously, which is better, the JBL of CV?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1739
The link on JBL amp sucks. If you're going to pay $350, you might as well get PPI/Orion/Xtant instead. They much better than that model. According to that link, it says SN Ratio of 72db. That's a tad too low for my taste. Any lower and you're looking at Jensen's territory.
I wouldn't buy any of them. You either find a better model or brand.

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
Um, i was only going to pay 210 bucks for the JBL is that too much? Ebay!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1747
$210 isn't that bad then, but still 72db and class d?

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
Check my new link, $269 95Db s/n, and i THINK class a/b
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us