Repairing a JLW3D4 12"

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 424
ok i just got another JL12W3D4 and the wire that comes from the terminal on the sub to the voice coil is broke. the end that broke is the end that goes to the terminal, i was wondering how to fix this. Im planning on just sautering it to the back of the terminal. Please respond with any info or ideas. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 425
well now i have a new problem with it, i sautered the wire together, but now i found out that one of the voice coils is blown. Dam! how can i get this fixed? How much would JL charge to fix it?

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 59
Blown voice coil= NEW SUB. I asked an electronics geek friend of mine the same question about a DVC Kole audio. He laughed & said it would cost more to repair it in parts & labor, than to actually buy another one that would hold up. 'Course-you're talkin' 'bout a very nice sub there. I hope for your sake it is still under warranty!

Silver Member

Post Number: 427
nope, it aint, its the old discontinued W3 i actually traded it for 2 Kole Audio subs lol. WOW didnt think anyone else actually bought that brand. I still have my W3 that works but i was goin to make another box for 2 subs and put em both in my truck. O well now. Im getting a RE SX 12 anyway when crabbin starts to turn on good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us