10w7 and 12w7

Anonymous

would putting a 10w7 and a 12w7 hurt sound quality or what would happen?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1164
The 12 would be able to play slightly lower frequency's, and would overall sound better on the low end. Some people say 10's a quicker and punchier, but you really wouldn't notice a difference in responce between the 10 and the 12. The 12 will also be louder, because of a larger surface area. If price isn't a concern go with the 12.

Anonymous

i eamnt putting them both together....liek have a box with a 10 and 12 in it...would that hurt sound quality?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1168
That's not the greatest idea. Match either two 10's or two 12's.

Anonymous

would it sound better if you had 2 12 in. l7's or one 12w7?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1169
The L7's would probably be louder, but personally I would definitely go with the w7. Much better build quality, much much better sound quality, much better reputation. I think you'd be happy with a 12w7 over the kickers.

Anonymous

and if i get 2 12w7's what kind of jl amp wouldbe good....it can be mad expensive but ill spend some money on it

Anonymous

it cant***** be mad expensive but im willing to spend some money on it

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1173
The 1000/1 would be the best, 1 for each sub that is.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 788
Yehp, a 1000/1 for each. I would also go with the W7 over the L7's.

Anonymous

The 1000/1 is a huge waste of money... especially since there is something out there called the Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1 amp.... it produces 1200 rms to 1-4 ohms, CEA compliant and only has a amp fuse rating of 100. Not to mention the biggest kicker of them all... ITS ONLY 470 at www.sonicelectronix.com or 499 at onlinecarstereo.com

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1474
well you can go with that and I am not going to bash Phoenix gold but the Xenon is their bottom line of amp. I would look more into Kicker 1200.1 or if you want to take another step down go JBL BP 1200.1 or another step down to the Phoenix Gold and yet another step down to the Hifonics line. JL is going to be your best bet and if you dont have the cash for two 1000/1's get two 10w7's and run them both off of 1-1000/1 it will sound just as good as 2-12w7's off the same amp.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1187
"CEA compliant and only has a amp fuse rating of 100"

Sorry to say buddy, that doesn't make the amp better than another amp. If your saying the amp is good because it has a lower fuse rating than another amp, then you've got it backwards. Haven't you ever seen crappy amps that say they can put out like 1000 watts rms, but they have like a 50 amp fuse? There's now way, 1000 watts itself would be like 80 or 90 amps. Now a 100 amp fuse for a amp that puts out 1200 watts does match up, but still, that doesn't make it good.

baude
Unregistered guest
i just got 2 JLW712& 1JLW710 i was wondering what kind of box will sound better in the trunk of a 00 towncar vented or sealed?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us