Ascendant Audio Avalanche

Bronze Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 44
ive noticed this name coming up alot..

whats the comparison to say an re x'x'x. the avalanche i see doesnt handle as much power and only has a single magnet.
Is it just the price vs performance thats awesome? or is there something else i am missing?

is the x'x'x still better?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1352
I read a review on a different site that a guy wrote that owns both an Avalanche 15 and a x.x.x 15. He started with a 400 watt amp, and ran it to each sub, in the same type of enclosure. He then moved up to a 500 watt amp, and then a 600, 700, etc. He said that until you get to about 1000 watts, the Avalanche does outdo the x.x.x, in sq and spl. Once you get past 1000 watts, the Avalanche does start to distort a little, but the x.x.x is still calling for more power. I'd say if you have 800 watts to give, get the Avalanche. If you have like 1500, get the x.x.x. James on here has an Avalanche 15 and I know he loves it.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1634
dont let the small magnet and less power handling fool you. With less power the Avalanche will outplay the brahma and the REXXX. I have a brahma and a Avalanche and with 6oo watts the avalanche outplays the Brahma in both SPL and SQ. Once you get up to about 900 watts the Brahma and the Avalanche will sound very similar. Now the RE needs a little more power then that. it is very power hungry somewhere around 1200-1600 but with that amount of power it will sound very similar to the other two also. for the money go with the avalanche. It also depends on what amp you have. if you have 1200 watts already get a RE or a Brahma. If you have 600-800 then go avalanche.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us