Alpine Type X???

Anonymous

I was wondering what your guys oppinions are on the Alpine Type X subs "SWX-1242D". How hard do they hit? How clear is their bass? How do they compair to the 12W7's? And how much louder will two 12 inch type x's be than 2 15 inch type r's? Are they worth the money? If so than what would be the best amp/amps to power them, at a reasonible price? Thanks...

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 37
i've heard the type x subs are power hungry but can't handel it, but haven't heard them yet. i had a type r 15 before, it was ok

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1194
Where have you heard the Type X's are power hungry but can't handel it? Type X's are very decent sql subs, and can take their 1000 watts rms. They're also pretty good for the price, which is usually under 300 bucks. They are outdone though by w7's, brahma's, x.x.x's, etc.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 806
I'm not sure where the w7's are coming from in this question, but the w7's will out do a type X. The X is a pretty good sub in my appinion, not bad for the price either, $240. Not to mintion, not minny people have them.

Bronze Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 39
oh yeah i agree, they are good for the price and look good but as i said, thats what i've heard and i haven't ever heard one yet.
what i wanna know is why alpine has a 1000 watt rms sub with 3000 peak but just barely have an amp that can put out 1000 watts at 1%thd??

Anonymous

Ok thank you all for responding. But there still leaves two of my questions unanswered. Like how much louder would two type x 12's be, than two typr r 15's? And last what would be a good amp/amps to power the type x's? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 129
well they would have about they same SPL level around 118DB plus car reinforcement. So I would say the 12's would hit faster and harder. IMO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us