Glass or anyone this is urgent

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 531
My friend is having a problem with his amp. All grounds and power wires are secured and fuses are fine. When he turns his stereo on the amp does not light up but when i take a wire from the postive terminal and place it the remote. And then when the stereo is turned on the amp will go out almos when the bass hits even when it is barely turned up. the system has worked fine before and this problem jsut started. I have switched recievers and amps and still the same problem. Could it be in the wiring? His new amp also works fine with my system. I'm stumped needless to say. Could it be that the remote wire is shorting out somewhere?

Bronze Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 18
"When he turns his stereo on the amp does not light up but when i take a wire from the postive terminal and place it the remote...."

please do continue...

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 532
o lol when i place a wire from the positive with the remote wire the amp will work but the bass cuts out like it almost cannot get enough power and it's not even up loud.

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 30
just outa' curiosity, are the gains set high? Check the hot wire off the battery & all wire conns. I found a faulty crimp on my own system on the main power wire. Sounds like it's trying to pull its power(the amp is) through that tiny a$$ remote wire from the hu. That could possibly explain the amp going out as you turn it up. Hope this helps!

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 534
I'll re-check all of the conections at the battery again tomorrow. Checked them today though and they seemed to be just fine including the fuses. I hope that is the problem though cause i'm getting pissed that I an;t find the problem lol. Thanks

Username: Hitman5645

Post Number: 2
ok I've had the same problem, turned out theres a remote wire and a romote antena wire on the back of my deck on my pathfinder, so I had it on the wrong remote wire, u gotta put it on the right one. so switch it back and forth if that doesnt work then u can put it on ur antena wire, did that for a while when I didnt know about the 2 remote wires and it worked fine. : ) .

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 535
tried that too. it's on the right wire. I've tried a switched power source as well and still the same thing.

Bronze Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 20
ok thx for the clarification..
ok you also mentioned...

"the system has worked fine before and this problem jsut started."

THe system worked fine when?
-up until the problem happened?
-before you changed/added something?
-before installing in another car?

What kind of amp is it and what gauge power and ground wire do you have?

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 536
The system worked fine until this problem arised. It's a brand new profile amp and we have also tried a kicker kx250.2 to use while he was getting a new amp shipped to him. That had the same problem. We also exchanged his reciever which is a brand new alpine. Still same problems. We are going to check the power connections today because someone said that the amp may have been trying to get power from the remote wire. He is using 4 guage power and ground wires with an 80 amp fuse at the battery.

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 537
There is definatly no power coming from the power wire. I had the power unhooked and place a wire from the remote terminal and in the power terminal and it did the exact same thing. Couldn't get any new power line fuses for the power wire becasue everyone was closed today. Hopefully it is just a bad fuse at the battery somewhere. If anyone else has any ideas let me know. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 315
Fuses can sometimes look good and be blown out. Its happend to me many of times. For those glass fuses i usually go to autozone and buy there heavy duty brand with the gold tips on the end, they tend to hold better than the normal one withthe silver tips. Also do you have more than one amp pulling on that fuse. If so you might want to upgrade to a higer amperage ANL fuse. Good luck.

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 538
There is only one amp hooked up. I'm hoping that it's just a bad fuse. I'll definatly go to autozone to get them fuses.

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 539
There is only one amp hooked up. I'm hoping that it's just a bad fuse. I'll definatly go to autozone to get them fuses.

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 40
Just to be safe, before you put that fuse in, gently pull on the crimps on the wire(s). I helped a friend once,could NOT find the power prob to save our lives. I said screw it, let's start over & rewire every F'n thing. I picked up the power wire from the battery and the terminal fell on the ground.lol.

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 542
lol no I checked the crimps yesterday. They were fine. I'll find out later today if it is that fuse. I'm hoping it is.

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 545
Problem solved! It was that damn fuse at the battery.lol! But what's kinda funny and sucks at the same time isas soon as we got his system up and running his battery went dead. So much fo him driving to school tomorrow with bass. Hopefully his battery charges over night
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us