Setting up car amp in bedroom

Derk
Unregistered guest
I won't to wire the 12v rail on 2 computer power supply's. I have a 760W Pioneer GM-X862 car amp with 2 25 amp fuses (total 50 amp's). I also have 2 matching computer PS's, they are each rated at 28 amps on the 12v rail. I already have a PS with 15 amps on the 12v rail to power my Pioneer CD player (10 amps) and to power my Pioneer equalizer (4 amps). Then I have another PS 28 amps on the 12v rail to power my 200W Pioneer GM-X262 car amp with a 20 amp fuse. The smaller amp powers my 2 Pioneer TS-TRX800 truck rider speakers and 2 classic Technics midrange speakers. I'm going to use the big amp to power my Pioneer TS-W126DVC sub. My neighbors will love me, lol.

Anyways my question is what diode or something do I need to wire the 2 12v PS's in parallel?

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Post Number: 36
Why not just use home audio equipment in your house. also, car subs generaly dont sound good in house applications. Car subs are designed with cabin gain in mind. a car sub is going to have a steep roll off around 30 hrtz. might not matter if u just listen to rap but low end extention is gonna be hurting.

Derk
Unregistered guest
That wasn't what I asked but thanks for the recommendation. I listen to rock/metal, but I have a Pioneer EQ-4500 and a Technics SH-8029 equalizer, and all the adjustments in my Pioneer deck.

Does anyone know of what I need to make this work without getting voltage feedback in the powersupply's?

Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
just telling from experiance. I hade a 10" infinity in my room for a few weeks until my shiva came in. U can fix it with an equalizer.

Derk
Unregistered guest
Well, if you wont to know why: I rold my Blazer, I have this stuff know. I fiqured I might as well use it.

I have 2 equalizers, lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
man that sucks.

Derk
Unregistered guest
Yep.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 268
use a AC-DC converter at radioshack for like 40 - 100 bucks depending on how strong you want it and dont use a car reciever use a portable CD player. And I would be of more help if i understood wtf u were talking about.

Derk
Unregistered guest
I don't think radio shack has one that has enough amps. I use the deck because it has the radio built in.

Any more idea's?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7450
the RS one is 2.5 amperes if I recall. I forget. I have two downstairs.
they don't put out enough to handle an amp and I still don't like using a PC power supply for high current applications.
I use a regulated switching power supply for bench work.

Unregistered guest
you guys you guys, wait til you see my powersupplies.hehe, i get the last diode sometime this week, i wish i had a camera though so i could take pics maybe i will just borrow becky's but yea i got 4 psu's in parallel for 12V@36A. Remember to meet the current rating of your amp, and to make sure you have an inline fuse, even if your amp has an impedence of 35A, and you have 36A of power, that one more drop of current could fry ur amp. butyea i need to know about any places where i can get an RCA booster, because im not sure if my computer puts out a good 5V signal for my amp ornot, they sell these, at soundworld for like 100 bux, but i wanna know if the mic-preamp output booster will do the same thing any ideas guys?

Derk
Unregistered guest
Hey counterbond or anyone else, can you give me a link were I can find the right diode.

Thanks!

Derk
Unregistered guest
Any idea's?

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 178
i've ran a battery charger before. i was testing an amp back then, but then loved the idea of having big bass in my room. and it's been sittin there all this time. nothing's been wrong with it.

jmoschetti45
Unregistered guest
You could take a car battery, put it outside and hook it to a charger. Make sure its outside, it gives off nasty fumes while charging. Bring it to a full charge, then hook the amp up to the battery. Depending on how long you want to run the amp that'll work. I *think* it would be ok to keep it charging if your charger has a trickle charge option while your running the amp. Not sure about that though. If this is an all nighter I think your outta luck. I wouldn't try to run the battery charger at full while using the amp. I've never tried that and don't intend to.

Disclaimer: Don't sue me if you kill your amp like that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us