Question on an amp

Zac14
Unregistered guest
Are the Phoenix Gold amp's decent?

I am thinking that I will buy a Brahma 15 and then I was looking at the Phoenix Gold R15.0:1 Octane-R 15.0:1 which is a 1500 watt RMS amp. If not, is there any other decent amps besides the kx1200.1 (a little pricey for me at the moment) Ive only got about 350, maybe 400 for an amp, I cant really afford to spend 500.

Username: Dicklinky

Post Number: 1
I bought a Xplod 500watt Amp, and i had a 12 it was powering, i got cocky and went out and bought another 12, now its way low. i have the gain up and some cds i listen to you can hear it slightly louder than other cds> im getting a pissed off because the book said i could run these togetther. HELP im getting irritated....

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 180
look around for a jbl bp1200.1

Silver Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 103
what the hell are you talking about? He didnt ask if Xplod amps are any good. start ur own thread dumbass

Post Number: 2
can somebody please explain the problem, why does it seem like my factory speakers are now weak and dry.. they sound empty. and the previous question i posted is still irritating me, because its not making sense??? you can see the 12s pound, but it is empty sounding. when i had 1 12 in there alone it was fricken awsome...wow im way lost, and looking for some real expert advice..thanks

Silver Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 105
why dont you start a new thread. then mabye people will answer.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1445
How do you go from phoenix gold and Brahma's to Sony? damn! Dude it prob changed the impedence on your amp to a point where you are getting much less power or wired them down below the impedence rating of the amp. you dont really sound like you know what you are doing so you prob wired them wrong also.

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 182
Upgrade your factory speakers(not to sony, try infinity), The reason the 2 12"s are not sounding as good as the single one might be do to an impendence problem. Exactly what amp and subs are u running and in what size/type of enclosure?

Post Number: 3
amp is Xplod 500 watt and 2- Xplod 12s,1100 peak each, in 2 separate sealed boxes.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1448
ok what is rms on the subs? also how do you have them wired up and I am assuming they are single 4ohm coils?

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 184
well that amp is 2 ohm stable and the subs are more than likely single 4 ohm....and fu$k i just sharted(thought it was gas).....how did u wire the subs.

Post Number: 4
yes 4 ohm, 300rms each.i have one sub plugged in on the left and one sub on the right, w

Post Number: 5
yes 4 ohm, 300rms each.i have one sub plugged in on the left and one sub on the right, w

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 185
oooooo i thought it was mono sub amp.
it should still be fine.
the only thing i can think of is that u might of reversed the polarities accidentaly on one of the subs(accidentaly hooked the positive to the neg on the amp and like wise with the neg). This would cause cancellation of bass.

Post Number: 6
no its 4 ohm stable per channel

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1453
ok are your near your car? if you are go out and do something for me. take both of the speaker wires out, take the two posatives and twist them together and take the two negatives and twist them together plug the posative into the right posative and the negative into the left negative and come back and tell me how it sounds.

Post Number: 7
but nick? is the power sufficiant?? i mean it always says MAX power, but what the hell is the min power??? although what you said could be true about the polaritys

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1454
ok dont do that if it is only 4ohm mono stable. I thought you said it is 2ohm stable. What is the model # on your amp?

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 187
would that even make any noise james? And what are u talking about max power? are u talking about the gains?

Post Number: 8
Forget the max thing..my mistake... but is the amp sufficiant you think power wise to run both subs...am i killing or over powering the amp ??

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 188
200 to each sub should be sufficient for those sonys. Did u check the polarities? that is the only thing i can think of.

Post Number: 9
no but i will in the morning for sure.. thank you for your help. i wicked appeciate it...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1459
wow you must be from new hapshire or Vermont or Mass. I havnt heard someone say wicked in a long time. well anyways Nick is prob right you prob crossed a wire somewhere hooking it up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us