Will my blow my sub with this amp?

Username: Markey

Post Number: 1
I've got a JBL BP1200.1 amp but only have one Audiobahn sub (the ALUM12Q 6OHM 1,000W RMS). How do I wire it without blowing the sub? Where can I find wiring diagrams?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1649
If your sub is DVC, then wire each voice coil in parallel for a 3ohm load. You should be able to get somewhere between 700W - 900W rms at 3ohms.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 18
I have to ask, where do you people get the money for these amps! For crying out loud lol. I need more money!

Username: Markey

Post Number: 2
Yes it's a dual voice coil, any idea where i can find diagrams that will show me how to wire it at 3ohms on each coil?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1650
You can search on google for parallel wiring. They apply to all subs, reguardless of the ohmage.
TB, you need to find a rich woman! Just kidding.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Hahaha rich woman FUNNY!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
ACUTALLY, I wish I could find a good JBL amp for about 300 bucks. If someone knows where TELL ME!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1332
http://jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html#1dvcp I would be very carfull running that sub with 900 watts to it. I know it says 1000rms but that sub will prob reach full excursion with 400.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
That amp does have a rather thick surround of rubber, it naturally has a higher excursion rate, although to avoid a lot of cone movement and damage to the woofer, use MORE woofers wired in parallel-series.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us