Whats the diff ??????

Anonymous

whats is SQ- sound quality- and SPL ??also, I love lil jon type of bass, to what freq should I tune my ported box for my 15 x.x.x.????

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 102
SQ - well a driver sounds
SPL - sound pressure level, the amount of sound in the car in decibels(how loud it is)
For rap prob in the mid 30's like 35. i prefer a 30 htz tune personaly.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 541
nick you know this very well...so please help me....i was told to tune my ss box for my 15 in ti at 20 hrtz on my amp....how do i do this with an ed nine.1

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 106
I assume the ss box is ported and u are talking about the infrasonic filter(subsonic filter).
When a sub drops to far below tuning the port(vent) is unable to control the woofers excursion. Essentially the woofer goes free air. this can damage a subwoofer. imagine putting 1000 watts into a ti without a box. not pretty. the infrasonic filter is like a crossover. U set it where u want the sub to "roll off".
ex. if the box is tuned to 30 htz then one should probaly set the infrasonic filter to around 23-26 hrtz to protect the sub.
It is simple to do. some amps are preset.But the ed nine.1 is a nice amp and might have a nob that u can use to set the frequency that the infrasonic filter will began its roll off.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 543
oh cool...thanks alot man

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 109
Built in Subsonic Filter. The eD NINe.1 also features a on board subsonic filter. The amplifier is versatile enough to allow you to use whatever boxes you use necessary. It works with you, around your equipment and requirements.
-from their web site

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 110
ed nine.1 - 24dB/Octave, 15Hz - 50Hz

Anonymous

ok.... fellas.... what ever happened to my question ? i need more opinions please.--15" x.x.x., 4.5 cubes, slot port, what should i tune it to? And Nick, what do you mean by "loud" ? Is it loud as in how far away I can hear my bass? thanks fellas

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 144
32 htz would be nice.
SPL - level of noise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us