Looking for best 8" sub on the market

Username: Kyle8705

Post Number: 4
Im looking to replace my factory 8" sub in my Acura TL with an aftermarket one. I'm not looking to shake the neighborhood or anything just looking for a good sub that can bump better than the factory one, which is pretty much anything.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 597
jl makes a good 8 i believe...i also think that x.x.x. has one if im not mistaken(prolly are) lol...but what kind of amp do you have how much power...how much money

Post Number: 6
I dont have an amp yet. Im gonna get it depending on how much wattage the sub i buy puts out. As of right now i have no money limit in mind, i mean i dont wanna spend tooooo much money but money really isnt an issue.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 610
well...go to jlaudio.com and reaudio.com check it out

Post Number: 7
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 770
Ya, what the Fanatic said:-), JL and RE make the best 8's.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 632
thank you lol....but id go with the Re...GREAT sound quality..should be a bit cheaper as well

Post Number: 8
the jl 8w7 seems to put out a little more rms wattage it claims a little over 250 true? the Re claims 175, again, true? and as for quality you think the Re is better?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 934
well the 8 re makes is the bottom line the re8, image dynamics makes one, jl, and i believe adire. im waiting for the atlas 8 from ascendant audio to come out, and im getting one of those

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 636
well...i cant say...jl is doing the whole "mass production" thing and could spend a little more time with products individually...dont get me wrong..still an amazing product...but wattage doesnt mean much when it comes to how it will perform...but RE...spends alot of time with each of there products individually i think....but...also...both companies seem to underrate themselves a bit..and ive never heard ANOYNE complaing about RE...i have about Jl...what is the price difference

Post Number: 9
well i looked on ebay and couldnt find the RE but the jl 8w7 is selling for 300 (too much for me as of right now).... Hunter hows the atlas suppose to be, what is their track record on subs...

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 944
new company, awesome sound quality sub. the 8 will be out in mid march i think. they use the xbl^2 motor which is hard to beat. i think that the 8 is going to be very inexspensive but of awesome quality. also look at the id8 i think they go for 59 on ebay or like something to that and that is also a great sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Bruiser_bob

Post Number: 29
I haven't seen anyone mentioned Adire.
Adire makes great 8'' subs/midbasses. Check out their stuff.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1373
are you going to be building a seperate enclosure or just using the stock Hole?

Post Number: 10
i was hoping on using the stock hole and sealing the trunk, think it will work? if not i mine as well just get a 10" or 12" and just build a box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us