Amp selection

Username: Jadesix

Post Number: 2
I'm running a Alpine Type-R 12 DVC (4+4) on an Alpine MRD-300, and I'm looking to add another Type-R 12. The only reason I bought the amp was because I got a good deal on it. Decent amp, but I'm not dead set on another Alpine.

I'm looking for a sub amp that will run 600W RMS @ 1 or 4 ohms so I can still use the 12 I already have.

Preferrable to something less than $500. Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1858
You could get JL 500/1 amp. It should be under $500. PPI's art series 600.2 is 600w rms, Orion 250G4 is 800w rms @ 1ohm.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1868
I would go PPI all the way on this one. other then that I think the orion will desimate that sub lol! and the JL can be had for about $379 buy it now on Ebay. I would go either the PPI or the JL

Username: Jadesix

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the input guys. I've looked at the JL and the Orion, and yes... I think that amp would desimate several of these subs. I can't seem to find anything on the art series though.

I *do* have a blown MTX 500D just sitting around(due to a wiring issue a friend had...) and 'supposedly' could have it sent to MTX and repaired for $95. I know MTX is kind of a bugdet brand on this forum, but I've had some luck with them in the past. Would you consider this an option?

Bronze Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 46
i luv my 500/1 it slams

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1874
yes joseph that is a very nice amp. As far as the MTX amp yes get it fixed if you can do it that cheap. Mtx isnt bad at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us