What happened was the ground fell off the amp and touched the postive and sparked for a split second. Amp worked for about 5 seconds now it won't turn on. I checked the fuses on one next to the battery and the two on the amp and were all good? So did I blow it and have to buy a new one or am i missing something?
You might want to check the fuses on the amp itself. If they're okay, then try connecting the remote wire to the pos. Shorting out the ground to the pos shouldn't damage the amp. That mostly should knock out the external fuse. When you said you checked it, did you get a DMM and measure it? Sometimes looks can be deceiving.
ok i changed all the fuses and the amp turns on but im not getting any sound out of the subs
check the conyinuity of the speaker outlets. The easiest way I have found that if my amp was blown, I just picked it up and smelled the inside. Sounds hokey I know but it works. I had a Fosgate 1200A/b(I forget the actual model because it was my first amp) I was hooking up my cap and the power wire arced across the amp. It would power up, but no juice coming across the speaker outlets.
At the very beginning of your thread, you stated that the ground wire fell off the amp and sparked. THAT is aperfect example of arcing. My power wire was connected to the battery(idiot) and it touched the amp.