Worst sub u ever heared

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 24
im really bored so i just wanna know what is the worest sounding sub you ever have listen to spl or sq wise mine is a Advent am10 subwoofer this subwoofer really sucks so every1 that reads this post never BUY a advent am10 subwoofer

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_fanatic

Mukilteo, Wa

Post Number: 44
without a doubt tha worst sub ive ever heard is tha w6v2

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 660
I think you had it set up rong. Normally a w6 sound's really good.
Not sure what the sub was called, think it is like Q lodgic.

Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 42
dan k, youve got to be kidding. car audio and electronics called whe jl w6v2 the best sounding sub theyve ever heard

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 663
yaehp

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1274
I am hoping theat was a joke. I think that sub sounds fantastic.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1275
worst sub I ever hear was a Realistic 10(radio shack brand) it was absolutely awfull!

Username: Gakel05

Florida Usa

Post Number: 4
i just bought 2 jl 12w6v2 subs, i returned them because they sounded awful in my trunk, it could have been the trunk, but i am currently putting 2 12w7 instead and putting 1000/1 l amp on each sub, do u think thuis would produce good clean bass in the cab???

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1281
yes. What amp did you have running them? and what enclosure? I have one and I loved it. I didnt really like it at first but as I listened to it a little more I loved it more and more. It got loud and sounded great while doing it.

Username: Gakel05

Florida Usa

Post Number: 6
i had a jl 1000/1, and i did not skimp on anything, the box was custom made by a jl dealer, my problem is that i have a metal plate behind my back seats, and i think it is stopping the bass from gettin in the cab, do you think the 12w7's will have the same problem? i had the 12w6v2 facing backwards, but the 12w7's will be pointed forward and it will be ported where the w6 was sealed...what do you think...

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 97
Diamond Audio TDX, and no i'm not joking either.

Username: Stylnul

Victorville, CA US

Post Number: 10
cuspid am 1030 without a doubt the worst product ever!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 383
Yup, Cuspid..Awful brand. After that would be Those Square Pyle subs.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 665
If you can, put your backseat down. That should make a big difference!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1282
that was definetly your problem. I would try to remove it or break out the sawzal if possable:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_fanatic

Mukilteo, Wa

Post Number: 45
Obviously guys i was kidding, if u click on my name you will c i own one. I just wanted to c some responses if i put that. my bad, haha

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 360
ok guys...i have you all beat...simple as that...i bought my ex girl a system...she didnt want anything like ihad...just a little bass in her shagon wagon lol...so i went to pep boys and picked up a visionik sound system 800!!!! watts...or so it claimed...well i put it in my car just to test it out..i decided i just wasted 100 bucks...my speakers in the rear...easily beat the hell out of this system....but the best part of it all...my girlfriend LOVED It...it was pink..haha

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 946
Yeah, when I was younger and didn't know anything I bought 2 pyramid subs in a dual enclosure with a 400 watt legacy amp. I thought it was cool, but I think my headphones produce more bass than those things did.

Silver Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 140
where would u put a mofo poweraqoustik 12" ?
would it be in the headphones choice ? i think it a great sub for the price

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 921
hey chief i was told that diamonds only sound good in certain types of boxes kinda hard to believe though, it was a transmission box they are supposed to sound good in. worst sub ive ever heard is mine because i cant hear it at all:-( my amp gets back here friday, i cant wait. and the p2 in a bandpass box at best buy is the worst

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 241
sorry guys the prize goes to my friends "shaker" brand subwoofer with a bottom of the line ma audio amp and some no name HU .. the sub sounds so bad its unbelievable

Username: Nitrouspimpxide

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 3
jensen ks210...the brand-name says it all...my friend had 2 in his truck giving them 1 cube for each sub on some 1000 watt amp that i forgot the brand it was...bro i never heard so much distortion...sounded like the voice coil or something inside was trying to hard lol

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 989
The worst sounding was probably this dumb@ss at my school. He had 3 audiobahn dubs, all in this g@y looking pyramid thingy box, who knows the cf on it. He had some junk amp pushing way too many watts to them. It was kind of loud, and all the retarts at school thought it sounded awsome. Once your within about 500 feet of the car you wouldn't even know he was playing music. I don't even know what it sounded like. Just like Allessandro was saying about the Jenson, I've never heard so much distortion. Who really knows what the sounds coming out of that car were.

Bronze Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Post Number: 27
Some kid at my school had a dual 10" bandpass enclosure from CC, with 2 DUAL subs. tons of distortion, plus bandpassed tuned to high. Everytime he hit a low note i felt like i was gonna through up.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 459
hahaha....actually i installed one of those in this girls jeep not to long ago...to be totally hoenst...it didnt sound as bad as i thought it would...she was very pleased...then i showed her mine...i felt bad...she was HOTT

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
lol, i've installed some crappy systems b4. i always feel bad about it when i show them my system. atleast they look cool at night with the neons!!

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 461
haha i know i thought that too...at my school alot of people come to me to install there stuff and to sell stuff to them lol..i feel so special there...then i get on here and i feel like a moron i know nothing it seem slol...but i heard a story once...dont know if its true...but someone got that sub box with the 12 inch duals and neon light...and replaced the 2 duals with 2 jls...and when they hit they broke the neons and they mangled the subs HAHA

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 388
Some of the worst subs i have ever heard are audiobahn natural sound 10's and realistic 8's (radio shack).

the audiobahn 10's were just sad...they cost as much as kicker comps, didnt get much louder at all, and sounded like @$$.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
lol, i saw a vid of a guy that built custom enclosures for a pair of 6.5" audiobahns( massive ported enclosures, almost like a bass horn, or one of those powered4sound boxes) everyone that sat in the car swore there were 2 12's in the back. most people at my school laughed at my system until they heard it. They would say "there is no way those no name subs(adire tempests) can beat my jl wo's"

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 466
haha yea i know what you mean...some guy in my school was like...i have such a awesome sounding system...so clear so clean...no spl though...but it sounds amazing...so iw as like ok..what you got..went out there...he was running 2 15 inch sony explode p5's ...i was like ok...wtf moron...and noone thought i could beat them...so they heard the 15's and then showed them mine....they thought i had like 4 15's in my trunk...i was like..you guys have no idea what sound is do you...i was running a 10 inch eclipse al

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
lol. most people think thier sony/dual/boss/pyle systems are loud until they hear some thing good(eclipse, adire, re, w7)
When ever some one is bumping the lot i pull up beside them and out bump them with a recording of the reading rainbow theme song i have. the look on thier face is priceless.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 991
The reading rainbow song? LOL. My friend does the same thing. He'll pull up next to them and drown their system's out with his. He uses the bass version of the Inspector Gadget theme. It's so funny.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1296
wow that would be great to see. damnit now i got that song in my head.

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 55
its so fun.

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 56
acttually the worst sounding sub i have ever heard would have to be my dads bose system's(ughh) "accoustimass module" dual 5 1/4's in a 7th order bandpass.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 193
A person I know has eight ten inch memphis in his suv and he thinks he is God of bass...

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 194
Oh yeah some crappy corner audio store who specializes in them is sponsering him for comps... Or atleast so he says.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3372
"acttually the worst sounding sub i have ever heard would have to be my dads bose system's(ughh) "accoustimass module" dual 5 1/4's in a 7th order bandpass."
I have to agree. Bose totally obliterates sound quality.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1003
?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 488
sorry im still going to have to go with the visionik as the worst...anyone here ever hear them?

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 59
the bose "accoustimas module" (not even technicaly a sub) is horrible. u HAVE to place front and center because it reaches so far into the midrange that a half deaf person could locate in a second. I acctually completely destroyed it. i played some 20hrtz tones through it and the surrounds completely separated from the frame. so i trashed it. My dad was kinda pissed but i replaced it. I used a 12" driver from a 1989 marantz and built a downfiring sealed enclosure for it out of spare mdf. much better low bass extention. Unfortunatley i have to use the bose crossover to compensate for the cubes lack of midrange, so it is still locatable which is why it right beside the tv. Tryin to convince my dad to pick up the complete martin logan surround system down at tweeter. but i dont think thats gonna happen.

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 60
"No highs, no lows, must be Bose" : )

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 263
I have those dual audio 12's in the bandpass box wit the LED's,there not "neons" as everyone puts it. I have them hooked up in my room wit a car amp since I cant drive for another year or two. they bang dam hard and clean but dont know what they would sound like in a car, go try for your self. 140 bucks at best buy. can always bring them back.

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 62
A single tempest could outperform 4 of those 12's, plus those 12's have a high fs so massive roll off at 30 htz. 15in tempest - 150$

Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 8
Mobile Authority, Funky Pup, Cuspid, DD, Rockwood

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 264
well u wouldnt know that for sure unless u tried them so dont talk.

Anonymous

zac i heard those digital designs (DD) were pretty good subs.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 265
truth is you can have the crappiest sub and a perfectly made box and they will sound better then anything else. poeple say its 40% sub and 60% box, I say, what do u get when u run a sub wit no box at all, nothing.

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 64
The xmax(length of oneway excursion) on those subs is around 4mm. A tempest is capable of 16.4mm oneway. 4*4=16. Plus the tempest has more surface area, thus it would be as loud as 5 or possibly more of those 12's. If this is true then an RE xx.x would be capable of outperforming almost 10 of those.

Bronze Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 65
Its 100% box, 100% sub, crappy box + nice sub = bad, nice box + crappy sub = bad , nice sub + nice box = org@sm

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 266
ok well I dont know if it can give you that Nick, but the point was that the box "makes" the sub.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 267
o, and the thing about it outperforming 5 or more of those subs would have to be the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1011
Who the heck said DD subs suck?

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 269
Zac Davis did

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1013
That's not the real zac davis, and whoever it is is must have mistyped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us