Thoughts on Infinity 6000cs

Username: Bdog12

CA USA

Post Number: 2
I have an '02 Tundra, and just put in an Alpine 9831, and am looking to replace the stock fronts with some components. Want the best quality for a cheaper price. I've read a lot of good reviews on these. Anyone have em? Or is there something better in this class?

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 24
go with the infinity components. IMO, they are great for highs and mids, but quit crappy for the lows, but woofers back that up. infinity is earpercing!

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 223
alex....your doing a horrible job of helping people...first find out what they are looking for...what you are looking for may not be what they want....first of all how much do you have to spend and what kind of music do you listen to? that will make it easier to help you.

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 27
Thats y i said IMO (in my opinon)I love infinity for the treb they put out, and I also stated they are horrible at low frequencies.
Does it matter how much i spent on my system? and how is that going to help you help me?
Sorry, but I never asked YOU for help.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3352
He was referring to how much the threadstarter had to spend. The Infinity References are good in their price range, they're in the "stock replacement category". The lows aren't as bad on those, they're a little better than the Kappas and the Perfects on the low end. They'll add a significant improvement in SQ over stock, you just won't be entering any competitions in them. IMO you'd be better off with the Kappa or Kappa Perfect components, they're significantly better than the References for SQ and aren't too bad as far as price, you can find the Kappas around $150 online and the Perfects around $200-250. CDT offers great components for the price, too.

Bronze Member
Username: Littleguy

Post Number: 14
Jonathan, whats a good component set in the $500.00 range? I have the kappa and the reference but would like somthing a little better. Thanks, steve.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3354
You can get Dynaudios for a little over $500 online, Focals are around $600, the DLS Iridium set around that price too.

Bronze Member
Username: Littleguy

Post Number: 15
Of the three which one is the better?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3359
None are really better than the others, they all have their own characteristic sound that will be for you to decide. All of those are neutral sets, meaning one part of the frequency range doesn't really stick out, it's balanced. The Focals are the brighter set (tweeter is brighter), the Dynaudios are the most neutral, the DLS set is similar to the Dynaudios as far as tonality, but a little more lively. All are fantastic sets, you'd just have to try and hear all of them. If you're looking for loud sets or a more powerful set, you'll need to look at other components though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us