Amp for speakers

Username: Mandeep

Post Number: 4
hey i got 6x9's rms 200watts and 4's with rms 85 watts im thinking about getting an amp that has 100x4 watts rms. will it work ok, or just overpower my 4's, i dont wanna blow my speakers!!!

Anonymous

I just bought a 2005 Matrix and the stock sound system is truly horrible.

I love music, but I am not an audiophile (at least not to the level I've seen around here), just want a little better than I have.

What's my best upgrade approach with a very meager budget (maybe $400 -$500 total)?

Seems to me speakers would be first priority, and it looks like I can get some decent 6.5s (infinitys?) for the front cheaply enough, and it looks like I can get a decent HU for $250 or so, but what I've been reading is that even if I get a decent HU, and decent drop in 2 or 3 ways, the HU won't have enough power to drive the new (decent) speakers effectively?

What's a cheap b@stard to do?

If in my small car I only really car about the front half of the car for the most part, can I "bridge" the HU's 4 channel amp into 2 reasonably-powered channels to drive the front speakers and forget about the back altogether? Is that ridiculous or could it be a reasonable work-around strategy?

Thanks in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us