How will this sound...and if you can guess db's...let me know lol

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 344
Ok well..this is what im getting in my Neon...small car remember that lol...

15 inch eclipse Ti
Snail Shell box from powered4sound.com
ed nine.1 amp
tons and tons of sound deadener
200 amp alt
yellow top optima battery

how will this sound....sq and spl wise...and also...anything you would change to make it more spl???...thanks...also is the alt big enough

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 188
never heard a Ti...but i do know a guy with a wall in his 99 neon with 4 15" orion H2's....not sure exactly on what amps and how many watts...but i was at the shop when he was getting metered and he hit 155.6..after they tweked it out he hit 156.4..so thats just an idea for ya on maybe a wall of 4 15" Ti's....now that would be nice huh..lol

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 346
haha that would be pretty damn unbelievable

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 352
to the top

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 653
It will sound really good. It should hit in the 130's leaglely. With the window's down, in the 140's.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 203
130's???lol....try more in the 40's...if that doesnt get into the 40's you should return it and tell the company to f*ck themselves.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 362
haha...ok guys...is there anything i can do to improce that..i want to get in the 150's

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 927
Dk if you'd make it ino the 150's with your setup. Everything's good, but 150 is pretty high. It might be close with the snailshell, if everything is installed correctly and your playing the right song I don't doubt you could break 150.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 204
definitely close with the snailshell..but im not sure either.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 366
damn...well since im running that...any way i can get it in the 50's with any special stuff i dont know about...or a dif box...or anyhting....

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 929
If you had a SUV you could maybe.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 205
yeah...go get an SUV..lol...then your definitely in

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 368
what if i just put the back seats down

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 207
build a wall...lol

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 372
haha rob...how will that help lol

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 209
it will make your cabin space smaller...it would get it louder!

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 377
would it really...but i thought cabin space..the more the better...im guessing im wrong lol...

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 934
Yeah I don't know what Rob's thinking.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 379
welll...what if i put my back seats down and sat the sub and snailshell box and port facing me....or facing up...or back...would it get even close to 150...or break it..or is this sub just plain ol garbage

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 935
Put your seats down, and face the sub twords the back of the car, so the sound waves have to bounce off the back.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 936
Why are you so worried aboiut 150 anways? An Eclipse TI 15" in a snail shell enclosure is gonna kick @ss. Your gonna hit big numbers man.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 214
oh really???? my bad man didnt know that....guess thats the end of my advice giving days!!

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 382
haha...well i wanna beat a 12w7 and a mtx 9500..and i was wondering if it would be worty of getting in a few comps or anything..lol..idk...ROB!!! dont leave your advice kicks a$$

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 939
Well actually Rob you are right, a smaller cabin will have a greater cabin gain. My point was, if you built a wall then how would you use the ss box?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 386
well...for that joe....can i put anything in my trunk to do this?

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 218
hmm...imnot sure....maybe skip the ss box...or you could probably have something custom built but thats probably more money than its worth

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 940
You won't need to. It's going in a neon, that's good enough. As long as you have the seats down your not gonna be able to do much that will make it a lot louder. The reason people say system's are louder in suv's is because the sub is running in the actual cabin, instead of cars where the sub is in the trunk. When you put your seats down your coupling the air between the cabin and the trunk, and you will get a greater cabin gain. The smaller the cabin the louder frequency's are below around 70 - 90 hz, but after a point I think the smaller the worse. So when you open your trunk up to the rest of your car, it get's louder.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 388
well im going to end up paying 370 for the ss box shipped...any other boxes that would be better for spl or sq and do about the same as an ss box...or should i stick with it...???? anyother ideas guys

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 943
Just stick with it, as long as you have the money. You could always build a large ported box tuned high for spl, but your not gonna want to use that box when your just cruisn around. The ss will be very loud and also have great sq.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 390
ok...well ill just get it and and get it metered in the month or two after i get enough money for everything...im waiting on the box and sub to arrive..then the amp i need to buy and alt and tons of dynamat...is there anyhting that will be better/cheaper than dynamat...and should i put it EVERYWHERE...if you cant tell...this is going to be my first REAL system..if its any good

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 945
Try eDead. Order it right off the elemental design's web site. I used it in the trunk of my car. Every person I've showed it to thinks it's dynamat. There's really no difference between it and dynamat.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 391
is there a differnce in price???...also...for the ss box..im going to put it permently in my car lol...im not taking it out i want it so that when im at school or a stoplight and someone shows off there system..i wanna make it where they can hear me comeing

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 948
Yes there's quite a price difference. And you can order the eDead in any sized sheets you want. It just comes in a big roll, instead of having to buy g@y dynamat kits.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 393
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=268&1=269&3=741

i was looking into this one right here...what do you think...that or edead

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 949
36 sq. feet of the newer eDead v 1 SE would be 54 bucks plus the shipping. The regular eDead v 1 would be 36 bucks plus shipping.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 396
haha wow...HUGE DIFFERENCE...i guess ill def go with that then lol

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 950
Yeah. I think I ordered the cheaper stuff, 1 buck a square foot. It worked excellent. If you get the v 1 stuff it is a good idea to use a heat gun, or atleast like a heat lamp, anything to heat up the adhesive enough so that it becomes mushy. I installed everything by just peeling the back off and sticking it on. In about a month some of it started peeling off a little, so I got out our heat gun and fixed up the peeling spots. Trust me, once you melt the adhesive a little and stick it on, it's never coming off.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 397
haha...awesome..well how much would you say to get...i def wanna do my WHOLE trunk....do you think i should do anything else...and how would i get the carpet off of my car to do it...i tried once and i dont know how to get it back on

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 951
Not sure in your car. In my bird the carpet is just like a giant mat thing just sitting there, I think it had a few plastic things holding it down, but it just popped off. Cheap pontiac cars. Your gonna need quite a bit if your doing your whole trunk.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 399
i wanna do the whole trunk for sure....and do u think i should do like..the floor of my whole car while im at it...any other places to put it?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 401
well joe...also..i mialed in my money order to electronic giants today...it was for my sub..i spent 369 for my 15 inch ti shipped...in a never opened box...and i was wondering if i got ripped off...also...how long do u think it will be until i get it..they are using 3 day ground ups...and i mailed it in today

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 954
Nah, you didn't get ripped off. As for the shipping, it depends, since you mailed it in today, even if it get's there say sunday, they still aren't gonna process it and ship the sub out till Monday probably. I'm gonna guess that you have the sub some time next week.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 403
awesome thanks lol...but...do you think 60 square feet will do the job...and cani just cut small pieces off to do like little pices of metal that rattle around and stuff lol

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 957
Not sure, and yes, lol. Just order something like 75 sq feet, and try it. I would order more than you think you'll need, because some spots you may need to go over twice. If you need more just order more.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 405
yea...and it says somewhere on there to do package deals save money set up your package and call...you think ordering the ed.nine.1 and a bunch of that stuff will be considered a "package"...i think im going to get 60 square feet...if thats not enough order another 60 square feet

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 960
It could be, I'm not sure. I know you can order subs and amps together. Buying the stuff together would save some on shipping.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 407
yea im trying to save as much money as i possible can...thanks for the tip on edead...i was about to f myself over if i got the damn other stuff...but also...i dont remember who told me this...could have been you...but im getting the ednine.1 and the Ti....and somsone told me to run the ed nine.1 at 2 ohms with that sub and it will sound awesome...but i was just wondering....2 ohms will run it at 900 watts rms...and i guesss inturn run it at 1800 peak...the sub says only to run at 750 rms and 1500 peak...will this overpower the sub...or whats your opinion

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 961
Well that's the only way your really gonna run the ed nine.1 to the TI. As long as your careful you shouldn't have too much to worry about. I know eclipse subs can take more than they say.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us