How far away?

fafsa
Unregistered guest
i just read a thread on measuring Db. i went out and bought a cheap db meter from radioshack, how accurate are they? also where do i put it in my car cuze i put it dead in the center hitting and the meter showed 130 dbs, just wondering

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1254
I thought the radio shack meters only went to 126?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 615
Guess not.
Maby the new ones reach higher db's.

fafsa
Unregistered guest
they do only go 126 on the number meter but at the bottom of the unit there is also a little bar to show you to either add or subtract db's mine showed 125 db's plus 5 dbs so a total of 130 db's, but my question, where do i put the unit? do i measure from the outside or from the inside?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 912
inside, at the left side of your dash. thats legal, widows up, and everything sealed

fafsa
Unregistered guest
great thanks! i hit 130 db's with 2 12" infinity reference DVC, powered by a p teknique 900 RMS at 2 ohms, is that alright for only having average stuff in my car? in the front i have infinity 5 1/4 component speakers and in the back i have performance teknique 6x9's both being powered by a 4-channel interfire ifd-4700 amp

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 914
not bad, it could be higher on a better meter, if you have a local shop and have them meter it for you, im sure youll be over 130.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us