Problem with amp/speakers

Anonymous

i was helping a friend put a system in his car, we installed the head unit with no problem, we ran all the wires to the amp properly- we turned on the car and everything was great for about 10 min. the systems was thumping pretty good, but then out of no where the subs just shut off- we are getting power to the amp but nothing to the subs- we checked the remote wire and it is fine, i dont have a spare speaker her so i cant check if it works with that, but recently i noticed that the subs will lightly come on if the sound is low and power settings are down, we opened the amp and it looks fine, nothing fried, im going crazy- please send some help

Anonymous

its a Dual amp with Dual subs. i tried hooking up another speaker but again got nothing- all the wiring is brand new out of the package-

Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 6
Is the rest of the system working (mids & highs)?
Is it JUST the subs that you hooked up? How is the system wired-eg. batt----fuse block---cap---amp---subwoofer?

Unregistered guest
hey this is happining to me too i dont know how to fix it but any help would be great.

Anonymous

all the interior speakers(stock) and the headunit work fine- i hooked up another speaker to test it but that speaker wouldnt go on either, its hooked up from battery to fuse to amp to subwoofer- but the fuse is fine and i checked the power with a voltmeter and im getting power at the amp. i changed the wires from the amp to the speakers and that wasnt it- i also tried eliminating the remote wire by running the wire from 12 v to the remote wire terminal on the amp but still no luck- now when i diconnect the 12v line from the amp and keep all the settings and volume low, and then i reconnect the power i do get the subs going but then as i start to turn up the volume it shuts off- but when we first hooked it up everything was sounding nice and then mid-song it just shut off- so i know its something with the amp- there is a thing that says power protect on the side but there is no l.e.d. so i dont know if its fried or just stuck in that mode or something.

Username: Nitrouspimpxide

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
yeah man i have 2 audiobahn 15s on a 800 watt audiobahn amp mannnn....no upgraded alternator or ripped off back seat!...lol this kid is a loooooseeeerrrrr

Username: Nitrouspimpxide

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 2
my bad wrong thread man

steveollivier
Unregistered guest
hey acctually i just fixed my prob try this. turn on your sterio and run everything like you normally would now the wire going from the batt to amp there should be a fuse on it try and play with that the wires may be loose thats how i fixed mine after i ripped everything apart and tested it all. hopefully this works if not take it into futureshop or somewhere where they do installs and have them take a look at it.

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 31
I used this in another thread: pick the amp up & smell it. WE all know wahat electrical fire smells like. Also, is it JUST the subs that you wired up? Are the mids/highs amped? NExt thing, check to see if there is juice out the speaker jacks of the amp. If there is not, take it ton audio shop. They will bench test it for you. I had a Fosgate A/B fresh out of the box (1200W) and I cooked it hooking it up. NO warning. Just fizzled and smoked. I burned a diode on the speaker outlet inside. Don't ask me how.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us