MOFO what do YOU think!

A.C.
Unregistered guest
ya i have one FUBR-12 and i like it alot, i know alot of people talk crap about power acoustik but i personally like it.
so whatever, OK well i have two kicker 15" comps and i think they suck and mainly they look stupid so i am going to trade them in for either FUBR15 or MOFO15s. so here is my question are the MOFO any good and are they better than FUBRs. i mean come on a MOFO15 has a 340oz MAGNENT.
so what do you think

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 978
A 340 oz magnet meens nothing.

A.C.
Unregistered guest
well it sure does sound good, ok then let me ask you (all knowing) what is a good 15" company besides kicker ( i think they look stupid)

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 981
I personally think Kicker's look kinda stupid too, but lots and lots of people say the Comp Vr's are good for the price. What amp did you have running to the Comps, and what kind of enclosure was it made in/was it made to specs.

As for a "good 15" company," there are lots of "good" companies

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 439
Well...Re, Eclipse, Ascedant Audio, Jl made a good w0, Cerwin Vega, Earthquake? maybe..idk, Memphis, just a few

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3360
The MOFO will get loud, that's about it. "Sounding good" is totally different than sound quality. People nowadays tend to mix up "sounds good" with "gets loud". That being said, they're fairly unreliable, and I'm not going to really push them toward you because of that. Magnet size doesn't instantly give you motor strength. Flux density and actual quality of the magnet matters more, it also depends on how tight the gap is between the voice coil and magnet itself.

A.C.
Unregistered guest
well atleast someone agrees with me about kickers, but i think i have made my mind up i am going to get MOFO15 or FUBR15s plus they can be put in a sealed enclousure. For kicker comp 15 i have to put them in a minimum of 5cubic feet,
But i take it that no one hear thinks that power acuostik makes good subs, but i would have to disagree, i know they dont make the best, but i still think they are better than most brands out there, PLUS I THINK THEY LOOK KINDA COOL WITH THIER HUGE MAGNENTS,

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 227
See thats the thing about the car audio hobby. Just about everything in it is personnel opinion. And as jonathon said sounding good and having good sq is 2 different things. Alot of subwoofers sound good in rap music. But when you change to rock and other stuff some woofers such as the image dynamics can reproduce the drum kicks of certain songs and they actually sound like drum kicks. but other low quality woofers, it reproduces the sound but it doesnt sound nothing like a drum kick.

A,C,
Unregistered guest
oh well i geuss i wont have a problem then becuase all i listen to is rap or techno/electronica. BUT
i cant stand it anymore what IS SQ AND SPL I NEED TO KNOW.
and since im asking that what also is Fs and Xmax
I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!
and what would a good sub have

Bronze Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 76
xmax is how far the sub moves back and forth(its excursion) SQ= sound quality
SPL=sound pressure level
go with a Resonant Engineering x.x.x 15
that will have all of the above
(good xmax SQ and SPL)

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 986
Fs = resonance frequency of the driver. If the driver were played in free air, it's impedance would peak at this frequency.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 930
if you want a huge magnet go with the brahma, it will also give you awesome sound quality and spl. and have a warrenty, its everything you couold want. i have looked at ther new comp vrs and now they just look like a damn round l7. i think there build quality went down the drain. i hate how they are put togethter, it just looks sloppy.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1008
Ditto.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us