Adding amps to a system

Bronze Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 42
I have a pioneer gm-x1040 with a JL 8 in sub on it. It was just for fun seeing i got everything for free hehe. But what i was wondering is, this amp has an out put on it. Now, can i use this out put to put RCAs to another amp? I have a distrubuter block in the trunk, because i knew i was going to be adding another amp and subs, probably 2 12' alpine r's. Also, what do i do about the remote, do i have to run another one? Any input on this would be awesome. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 752
Yeah, the rca thing is called daisy chaining. Just cut a peice of wire long enough to run from the first amp to the second, and the wire to the remote terminals on each amp. The first amp will have 2 wires on the terminal, no big deal.

Bronze Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 43
Okay, this amp has channel a, channel b, and output on it. So all i do is put my other RCA's into the output to the input on the other amp and i will get a signal. As long as i have the power and remote and ground there?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 316
some amp's rca outputs are crossed over with the amps crossover.

Bronze Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 44
which means what when i go to hook them up. Opposite from eachother?

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 321
If its a four channel amp then the output should be the sum of all four channels. You should have no problems.

Unregistered guest
So if i have a 4 channel amp for my mids and highs, and then i want to get another amp for my sub. Do i have to run a new remote wire or is there a way to bypass that?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1596
All power wires can be "shared". No need to run a new wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us