How should i wire my sub for desired ohms??

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 18
I have a JL Audio 10W2V2-D4. it is a dual 4-ohm sub. ive heard people talk about wiring in parallel or sumthin like that and i was wondering..is there any way to get this sub down to a 2 ohm total load to get more power out of my amp? any help would be great thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 395
to wire it to two ohms do this...take a wire from neg to neg and then a wire to pos to pos....then after that take the wire pos to pos and take it to the pos on the amp and the neg to the neg on amp lol

Bronze Member

US

Post Number: 21
so i suppose i there is no way to run it at 2 ohms on just one of the channels?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 955
2 ohms on 1 of the channels? I thought you were talking about your sub? Your gonna wire that sub in parallel, which will produce a 2 ohm load. Do just like Subfanatic said. Wire the positive from voice coil #1 to the positive of voice coil #2. Wire the negative from voice coil #1 to the negative of voice coil #2. Wire the negative of voice coil # 2 to the negative on your amp. Wire the positive of voice coil #2 to the positive on your amo.

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 26
heres a link that might explain it better
http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html

Bronze Member

US

Post Number: 22
thanks guys i think i get what ur saying now that i looked at dustins diagram thing thanks alot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us