Are these subwoofers good?

Bronze Member
Username: Kenny_hammond

Post Number: 62
i just baught 2 12" jl audio w3 D4 are they good and do they have good SQ and SPL? Will thery sound good in a sealed or ported box. i got a good deal so i want to know if they are good?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 656
Yes they will have good sq and spl. Those are good subs. As for your sealed or ported question, are you looking for more sq, or spl. How much room do you have in your car? Sealed is gonna be punchier and IMO have better sq than a ported box. If ported boxes are built almost perfectly they can have almost better sq than sealed, but I still prefer sealed for sq. Ported will yield more spl usually, but the sound is generally boomier, and the tune is gonna make a diff. in which frequency's sound better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
i want to have alot good deep bass but still have good SQ i listen to alot of screwed songs and some rock so i can make a ported or sealed box work i am putting them in a standard regular cab truck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
does anybody else have any opinions

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 567
Nice sub's!
They will sound grate.
If you can do it, go ported.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
well guys i dont have room for ported but can make a perfect amount of cubic feet sealedbox will that kind of box sound good and pound out some good bass and good SQ i want to have some bass u can feel but sound great doing it s i got the w3's but will sealed d ok?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
1 more thing should i put that stuffing stuff in the boxor not i heard that it makes it louder? I DONT KNOW PLEZ HELP I AM GOIN TO BUILD IT TOMMORROW HELP!

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 412
well i have a 12W3D4 and i put it in a 2.5 cft ported box and it slammed really hard at really low freqs. i tuned it to 28 hz but you dont have that room. I did have it in a hatchback Q-logic sealed box and it still sounded great at low freqs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us