Alpine sub and system question!

Saffron
Unregistered guest
Hello Everyone!!

I am a newbie and a little long winded but I have some questions about what I should do with my system...
I am running an cda-9833 deck with Type-r 6 1/2s front 6x9s rear (I love them! oh and the 6x9s are in 6x9 boxes that I recessed in the back dash)
Now this is where I get confused I have also MRV-1505 (that I bought used off of ebay) with 4 gauge wire installed in trunk of my Grand Prix

Heres the specs: RMS Power at 14.4 Volts, 20Hz - 20kHz: 225 watts x 2 (into 4 Ohms, 0.04% THD); 450 watts x 2 (into 2 Ohms, 0.3% THD); 900 watts x 1 (into 4 Ohms, 0.3% THD) RMS Power at 12 Volts, 20Hz - 20kHz: 150 watts x 2 (into 4 Ohms, 0.04% THD); 300 watts x 2 (into 2 Ohms, 0.3% THD); 600 watts x 1 (into 4 Ohms, 0.3% THD) Max Power 330 watts x 2 (into 4 Ohms, stereo, 14.4Volts 1kHz, 10% THD) Frequency Response: 10Hz-50kHz (+0,-1dB)

Now I am trying to decide what sub to get! I ordered a used 15" type-r 4+4 that was suppose to be in working condition but makes a horrable noise (blown or something) when turned up (past the point where you can barely hear it and doesnt move much) So I already made a 15" 3/4" MDF box for it.

I am trying to decide between 2 12" type-rs (old or the newer better power handling ones comming out 3/7/05)
Or the new type R 15" coming out that is rated at 750 RMS.

Told you I am long winded!! Anyway, any comment concerns suggestions (demands) about the subs (or my system in general) would be greatly apriciated!!

Thanks Saffron

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 573
You might be able to run a 15 new type R, if you can git a 2 ohm dvc moddle. You will be overpowering it by 200 watt's, but if you take it easy, it should handle it.
It should really thump!:-)

saffron
Unregistered guest
Right on thats what I was hoping to hear! (since I already have one 15" box) I cant wait 'till they come out!!!! Any suggestions on a good (internet probobly) retailer?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 578
I have no clue, considering they aren't even out yet. I'm guessing Alpine's site would be your best bet. You can almost count out ebay.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us