Alternator/battery while idling

Username: Velk4425

Post Number: 1
Hello,

Spring is coming so my 1990 Ford Mustang 5.0 will be coming out of storage. I'm going to upgrade the audio system big time. I'm looking to get a hifonics amp and I realize that they draw ALOT of amps(I've heard over 100A?)

So I'm looking to get a deep cycle battery along with a 200 Amp alternator.

I've had problems in the past with the alternator/battery not supplying enough power when idling at a stop light or something. I am looking to eliminate this, would you imagine that with what I plan on getting this shouldnt be a problem?

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 298
you shouldnt have any problem just upgrade your chassis ground wire, an alternators wires aslo. 1/0 guage should do

Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 3
I know Fords pretty well, alternators,too-Wire upgrade is a must. Alternators put out 40% or less at idle. Ford V-8s have low idle. before I installed a cap on my F-150 I would stall at a red light when a low bass note would hit. It is an automatic tranny.

Bronze Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 78
If im running 3 amps with the total current draw to 1800 rms and 180amps total. I can only find a 150amp alternator for my car. I will also be using a xstatic batcap stereo battery model 800 for a extra battery and cap in one next to my amps. How should i go about upgrading my power and ground wires? alternator wires etc....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us