AW1205N upside down?

Bronze Member
Username: Kkmike

Chicago suburb

Post Number: 22
What's the deal with mounting a sub upside down - as in the magnet is facing out and the speaker is inside the box? I saw this with these Audiobahn AW1205N. They aren't free air subs?

Mike

Bronze Member
Username: Web

Southern Cal... U.S.A

Post Number: 11
I was wondering if mounting upside down effects anything...

SPL
SQ

and another important factor.. If not mounted correctly, ruining the rubber.. Which I don't see how it's easy when you can't see if your centered on the hole cutout?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 224
all mounting the sub upside down will do is increase airspace in the box u can do it if ur tight for space or u like the look i guess .. i dont believe it affects sq/spl
the best way to mount it would to have a 2 layered baffle .. inner piece cut to a diameter so that it does not come in contact with the surround the next so the sub itself will fit snugly in that way it doesnt move around when mounting and if you do it properly should be centered..

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 222
honestly...thats way to much work lol...the best way to mount it would be just take off the baffle...screw the sub in...flip the baffle around and there ya go lol.l...its the same but the surround and screws are on the inside of the box...but i dont think affects anything...actually to be honest it might make it weaker...not positive...somone higher up could tell ya

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 237
wtf have fun taking the sub out then lol

Bronze Member
Username: Web

Southern Cal... U.S.A

Post Number: 12
wouldnt the screws be showing point side out then?

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 226
yea...but whats it mater..im just saying that would be the easiest way to do it lol...but mark...either way your going to have to take the sub out...in my way you ust take the baffle off too...in yours it includes cutting a new baffle to be a exact replica of the first...im not good with saws...so i assume that would be alot harder
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us