300 watt sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Sublime420

Ca Us

Post Number: 51
whats the best sub that would only need 300 watts RMS?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 921
ummmmm I would say IDQ from the subs I have tested personally. From subs that I have heard are good adire shiva, Ascendant audio Atlas, those are the only ones I can think of. Possibly the RE re line which is their entry line but they are only 175 RMS. Ohh by the way I am a HUGE sublime fan.

Bronze Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 89
Yea me to,its to bad he died.I dont know the name of the song but it goes like this "I didnt know she had the g.i. joe kung-foo grip" somethin like that but it sounds very nice with subs.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 924
carress me down! yeah atleast I got to see them before he died thats made me happy.

Bronze Member
Username: Kkmike

Chicago suburb

Post Number: 24
Image Dynamics IDMAX is a great sub from 200 to 1800 watts. My son just bought one and is powering it with an Alpine MRP M-350. Wired for 2 ohms it's putting out 350 watts and it really sounds good.

Bronze Member

Ca Us

Post Number: 65
i thought the shiva was like 300 something watts per voice coil. but what about the Alpine type-r. is it better than a ID for only 300 watts RMS?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 971
with 300 watts it is going to be close. The ID max is really great with low power but I would recomend atleast 500. With 300 you will be better matched up with the type R but as far as a better sub the type R doesnt even compare to the ID max.

Bronze Member

Ca Us

Post Number: 69
so with only 300 watts, the alpine would be better than the ID?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 976
well it all depends I would never recomend an alpine over the ID. Hold on are we talking about an ID,IDQ,or IDmax?

Bronze Member

Ca Us

Post Number: 70
which ever will perform better only getting 300 watts RMS. will getting a 12" alpine type-r be better than the rockford fosgate punch stage 2 12" that i already have?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 981
it will have better sound quality but I would go with 1 IDQ 12 and it will be louder and sound better then both of them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us