What's this mean when your sub...?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 509
I was listening to my system and noticed that when you git close to the sub's they really sound like crap! Almost to the point where I thought it was busted. The one behind the drivers seat was doing it worse than the other.
It only sounds like that when you are close to the sub, then when you move a few feet away it sound's perfect. Why?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 847
well your prob over extending your sub. bass sounds better the more things it bounces off thats why they tell you to face your suns to the rear it bounces off more objects.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 608
If everything else is fine I wouldn't worry about it. If you have a subwoofer with your pc, put your ear right next to it. When I do it to mine it sounds like crap. But at normal distances it sounds fine.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 609
Yeah, I think it may have something to do with the distance the sound waves travle, or something like that, maybe, lol.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 610
The other thing I am wondering is if your hearing the stuff that's not really meant for your sub to play. Sorta like the really low tons of voices and stuff like that, but stuff that's not base. If you listen really closely, even with filters on, other stuff will still come through your sub. Filters don't usually completely cut out everything above or below a certain frequency, they just reduce the level of those frequency's. So when your really close your hearing the really quiet stuff you usually don't.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 519
Good, as long as there not fixen to crap out on me, it's all good!:-)

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 878
yeah you should be all good!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us