How should I Face my subs?

Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 2
I have a 98" Altima GXE. I bought 3 Rockford HE's in a triple enclosure. I Always see people facing their subs out, I guess so you can see them or something. I don't care on the "prettiness" of the sub; I just want quality.

So my question is, should I face the sub looking out to trunk door, or looking inside to the rear seats, and would it make a diffrence?
Thanks in Advance.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 530
It won't make much of a difference. It's up to you.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 888
try it both ways and see what you think sounds better. typically the more objects bass bounces off of the better it sounds.

FrkKevin
Unregistered guest
Some people do it for looks but the main purpose to mount the speaker with the magnet out is to gain more volume. When you put a speaker into a box it displaces its volume from the box so you end up with less. Depending on the box size and speaker paramenters you probably won't hear much of a noticeable difference. With the extra volume it should hit lows betters. Personally I don't like triple enclosures unless they have seperate chambers for each speaker.

FrkKevin
Unregistered guest
Some people do it for looks but the main purpose to mount the speaker with the magnet out is to gain more volume. When you put a speaker into a box it displaces its volume from the box so you end up with less. Depending on the box size and speaker paramenters you probably won't hear much of a noticeable difference. With the extra volume it should hit lows betters. Personally I don't like triple enclosures unless they have seperate chambers for each speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 208
umm not really...there is a huge difference in the way a sub faces to be honest...but there is no way any of us can tell you how it will perform the best unless we have the exact same set up...james it pretty right...the more it bounces the better it sounds...but its all trial and error...try everything...my friend has a Jl 12 w7 and a 1000/1 and he had it facing towards the trunk...sounded amazing..that how he was told to put it to make it sound the best..it sounded awesome...but he turned the box and made it face the left rear with the sub like 1 inch form the wall when it was fully extended..and it sounds the best that it could ever sound..i thin k he hit like 135 backwards and 147 with it turned...there is a pretty big difference in everything...my 10 inch al sounds the best with the smaller side of the seat down and facing the trunk...any other way it sounds weird....just try everything man

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 216
What about facing the subs straight up in the air??

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 212
hmm...ive seen people do it...but ive never done it myself...its worth a try...idk how it would sound...gtest it and tell me lol...

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 899
yeah just have a buddy in the back move it around while you sit in the drivers seat with the volume up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
My friend did it that way with a 15" in an explorer. It sounds amazing. I just didnt know if it was that great for a sub. Anyways, it is an old sub made by illusion audio or something like that. The magnet is on the outside or something like that.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 217
it cant be bad for a sub...i dotn see how...seems like better if you ask me?

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
I wonder why most people dont do it.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 218
well i know alot of people in suv's do do that...but i know i cant in my car...the subs xmax is soo large it will hit the top the trunk and stuff lol...it would...do bad....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us