Finally progress for Civic Box and Tray!!!

Username: Mez

SydneyOz

Post Number: 10
Well I'm finally getting somewhere... I contacted Orion for box dimensions for the subs that I'm using and they were very helpful. Its a perfect fit for what little boot space the Civic has. The tray has a raised section to fit the HQ's as the magnet's hang down. Its still to be covered in black felt but sealed with primer against any moisture. Gotta say thanks to my pops for assisting me with the construction as he is the carpentry genius behind it all. The box is bolted down on each side. The extra running piece of mdf seen in the photo provides the perfect fit for the box making it a level seating and providing a place to bolt it down. It is attached to the box. The tray is attached via longer screws that hold in the clips where the original tray clips into thus resulting in a perfect fixture with 0 squeaks and rattles also providing a rigid fixing of the box and tray.
Upload

Bronze Member

SydneyOz

Post Number: 11
Upload

Bronze Member

SydneyOz

Post Number: 12
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 684
nice custom work, i like the detail on the pieces holding up your trey

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 103
looks good as h*ll man...nice work....and im definitely lovin it that someone's finally posting some pics in here...

Bronze Member

SydneyOz

Post Number: 14
Thanks guys most of the credit goes to pops... I just worked on the plans. I'll upload more images when there's more completed.

Volvo 2NT
Unregistered guest
What Orion subs are you using? H2's? 2NT's? XTR's?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 628
Looks really nice man. If it were me, I woulda tried to find some kind of carpeting or something that matched your seats or trunk carpeting. That would look cool, sorta like the box just grew there. Looks really good though.

Bronze Member

SydneyOz

Post Number: 16
Well Joe if you read my first post it states, "Its still to be covered in black felt but sealed with primer against any moisture."

The Subs are Orion XTR series 2.... Got them off my ex girlfriend's brother for a good price until I get more money together to purchase new subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us