Post Number: 23
what are the pros and cons of the two. which has better sq and spl

Bronze Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 24
bump

Web
Unregistered guest
I would also like to know some people's opinions on this question...

Web

Bronze Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 68
ive heard that the ported have better sq usually, and as far as the bandpass, ive heard them as being referred to sounding like dying chewbacas lol. but i also heard they might be a lil louder..... not quite sure but thats jus my opinion

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 101
ported is better for spl....sealed is better for sq....and bandpass is good for a cheap pair of audiobahn's..lol

Web
Unregistered guest
I just heard a comment that bandpass sounds like trash can bass? Also that SQ is pretty much non existent in that enclosure? Also SPL will not be as great as in a ported enclosure? Just some questions that would be nice to have answered..

So assuming SPL is wanted but without a total loss of SQ will ported be okay?

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 38
Yeop if you get all the specs and frequency right with your ported box you will keep the SQ and gain the SPL.

Web
Unregistered guest
Thats good to know.. So what is wrong with bandpass?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 688
the problem with bandpass is that it only sounds good at its certain freq. range, if it goews higher or lower then it doesnt sound pretty, bandpass can actually give you better spl in some cases, if done right then ported. ported is more effiecent thus giving you a 3db plus gain over a sealed enclosure. ported boxes actually have better response thebn sealed. if a ported box is tuned low enough then it will give you great sound quality, low as in 25 hertz, so not much will fall below the tuning freq. ported enclosures give great spl. and good sq if tuned properly. so around 30 to 35 hertz would be ideal

Username: Eek

Post Number: 2
I made my own bandpass with a 7'12 inch the box is 1 and a half foot high wide and deep I placed the speaker in the middle and put three doornob sized holes in the bottom sounds great I use it under my bed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us