Orion amp loading question

Unregistered guest
i been on the other orion thread and i have my 225 hcca(the one with just the gain knobs)now but i want to load it down to .5 ohms but i dont want to pay a billion dollars for speakers so what will be the best number and/or kinds of speakers i can put on it to get that amp that low for probably under 300 350

deon g
Unregistered guest
i also wanted to know if anyone knew what a fgd(floating ground?) was b/c that was one my amp

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 807
why do you want to run it at 1/2 ohm?

deon g
Unregistered guest
because i know someone who had a newer model like mine and had i think 6 impp pioner 12's and hit a 146 on the meter drag style

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 811
run 4 dual 2ohm IDQ 12's @ 1ohm mono in Series / Parallel and I can almost guarentee you over 146. that wouold run like 250 per sub man that would be sweet.

deon g
Unregistered guest
im tring to spend like 350 400 max though for speaker know any thing else cuz i was thinkin of runnin 4 of those black and blue orions (i think they were 200 rms 4ohm) to drop it to one ohm

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 812
you could do that but I bet 2 of these will be louder http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18804%26item%3D5751501899 %26 or 4 of these will be very nice http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803%26item%3D5751216642 %26 I would go both of those over those Orion's.

deon g
Unregistered guest
i was thinkin bout getting those vegas anyway but one more opition before i decide. if i get some of the punches what kind will probably be the best for my price range and will 10s load alright or will i need a few

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 821
what punches I lost you on that one.

deon g
Unregistered guest
i was thinkin bout getting those vegas anyway but one more opition before i decide. if i get some of the punches what kind will probably be the best for my price range and will 10s load alright or will i need a few

deon g
Unregistered guest
rockfords i dont know which one is probably best for my money

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 824
I would get the vegas over the rockfords and the RE's over both of them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us