JL Audio 12W6v2 what amp?

Username: Theaceno77

Post Number: 1
I'm plannin on getting a 12W6v2 and i dont know what amp to get. The 400 RMS sub doesn't have a corresponding amp from the jl audio line. Will the 300/1 even get it to move? I would appreciate some help!

Bronze Member
Username: Bobo123

Post Number: 12
Yes, the 300/1 would get it to move pretty nicely. However, I would go with the 500/1 to get all you can out of the sub, if you want to stick to jl amps. The 12W6V2 can handle the 500/1 just fine if the install is done correct (i.e. correct box, correct gain settings, etc.).

Post Number: 2
Well i'm on a bit of a budget so... But maybe i'll be able to squeeze the 100 from somewhere ;)

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_fanatic

Mukilteo, Wa

Post Number: 30
Well if you wurr able to buy that sub, which retails for around 450, obvioulsy cheaper online, but still i would consider it a upper price range sub, u myte wanna use some money to get that jl 500.1 amp, which moves that sucker pretty good. Dont get a crappy amp for that sub, u will wanna take advantage of that thing!!

Great choice by tha way!!

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 414
If you can, I too would go with the 500/1. With that amp, and that sub it should sound really nice.
Good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Team_audio_itch

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 13
there is no 300/1

250/1 500/1 or 1000/1

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 24
Wait and get the 500/1 dont Half step it!

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 579
I have a 12w6v2 in a sealed box for sale if you are interested. That way you can take the money you save and buy that 500/1.

Post Number: 3
Oh sorry guys. The amp I meant was the 300/2

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 594
get the 500/1

Post Number: 4
Would this amp get any sound out of the sub? I'm looking for good sound. Not so much massive power that i have to reinforce the back window. If it gets it to shake the rearview mirror that is good. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 31
The 500/1 is probably the best amp from JL you could match with the W6v2 it will sound great but you might wanna keep the gain a little lower than usual being they only rate their W6v2's at 400 watts RMS but they probably underrate their products. Get the 500/1 and you will get the full SPL/SQ out of the W6v2

fooqie
Unregistered guest
" ... The 400 RMS sub doesn't have a corresponding amp from the jl audio line. ... "

erm... hasn't anyone noticed the JL E1400D amp yet?? (400W RMS @ 2 Ohms).

Doesn't quite have all the features of the 500/1 but has optimum power for that sub and costs way less than the 500/1.

Also forget the 300/2 amp, aside from the lack of power it isn't 2 Ohm stable in bridged mode, which is what you will need for that sub.

Just my 2c.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 118
yo james what condition is ur w6 in?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 705
very good it was used for about 2 months with 300 rms from a PPI a600.2 running at 8ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 121
is it the new w6 or the old w6

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 719
12w6v2

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
i have 2 w6-v2's in a sealed box. i was thinking of geting 2 pioneer 1000/1 watt amps, but thats at 2 ohms. At 4 ohms they put out 660 each. will that be enough?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 594
James, how much for the W6v2? I talked to you a while ago about it, but I have some money now. Just wondered what you'd let it go for.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 595
Sorry, I just read the "selling stuff" thread. Is they any way you'd sell the sub without the box? If it's in good condition I'm really interested, but I don't want the sealed box with it.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 783
ummmmmmm that would mean I have to get another 12in sub to go in it lol! How much were you thinking without the box?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 597
Hmm. How much did you pay for it? I'm not expecting you to knock off 100 bucks, but it would also cheapen up the shipping.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 790
$375 I got a pretty good deal on it brand new. I paid $40 for the box. your right it will cut down on shipping. I still have origanal box and manual as well.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3253
That JL E1400D is a good amp, another great one is the Kicker 400.1. Both are cheaper than a 500/1 and will push that sub to it's full potential.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 599
I live in Michigan, in the thumb area. How much would you say it would cost, total, with shipping, and without the box?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 813
man I have no idea how much the bad boy weighs. Let me figure that out for you and I will look for shipping once I find out the weight and you can too whatever is cheapest we will go with if you want to.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 815
alright Joe it weighs 22 pounds in the factory box so I will find out about shipping is there a preffered company you like to use. I have found that fed-ex tends to be much cheaper then UPS but its up to you bud.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 819
hey Joe whats your zip?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us