Sub box???

Username: Nyck06

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 1
Hello, I need some help, I have a 2004 dodge dakota quad cab, and i want to put in a system.

1. I dont know much about any of it.
2. I need a sub box that i can fit into this truck.
3. I dont have a TON of cash.

Thanks for any help!

Anonymous

is it better to use 2 subs on a 1000 watt amp or 1 sub each 1200 watts

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 2
???? first of all i dont see how that relates whatsoever... lol

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 238
ok Nick, what kind of budget do u have to work with? Where do u plan on putting the sub?

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 3
Basically, my budgt is low, because i am young and wihtout a job! but i do have about a grand on me right now and i get about 500 bucks a month. Anyways, the sub thing, thats one of the problems, i dont know where and how i can fit one into it. Its a 2004 dakota quad cab.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 123
here's a box for you bud.

http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/1167

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 124
the box is pretty shallow(5.5" max mounting depth), but the Adire Koda 10(4.75" mounting depth) will fit. might not be enough internal volume for the sub. the box volume is only 0.55cu^ft. good sub though. might want to ask the experts around here what might work in that box.

http://adireaudio.com/

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 125
For a head unit, check out the Alpine CDA-9827. I picked up one for $200 shipped with intsall kit. I also got a set of Infinity 6000cs components for the front for $110 shipped and a 4 channel amp - Memphis 16-st3004 75 watts x 4 RMS for $220 shipped. Once i get finished sound deadening my truck($180 shipped www.edesignaudio.com), installing this stuff, and building a custom box, I'm going to pick up the Atlas 12" sub from www.ascendantaudio.com $160 shipped. All in all I'm looking at about $1000. It's not top of the line, but it's quality and should work well for my first system. Hope it helps.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 593
IDQ v2 would be a very nice fit in that box. will sound very nice.

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 5
Thanks for all the info, only problem with the box is that its for ram's and i have a dakota :-(

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 128
sorry bout that. here's one...expensive though. you might have to break out the carpentry skills.

http://www.audio-n-more.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DDQC 10ULD&Category_Code=DODGE

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 129
ebay item # 5749427140
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50565%26item%3D5749427140 %26

much cheaper here.

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 6
Nice... thanks

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 130
you may want to find that box without the sub and get that IDQ v2. the sub that comes with the box isn't the best.

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 7
I have a friend who said he would give me a free Rockford... is that good?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 496
Depends on which Rockford it is. But since it's free why wouldn't you take it?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 617
exactly. If its older its better in my opinion as long as it hasnt been abused. I love older RF cant really stand the new stuff. If that sub works out for you thats awsome if not look into the IDQ its a killer sub.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 505
Yeah, hey James, by the way, how would you compare the IDQ to the highest model Eclipse Aluminums? I was looking at ID's or even ED's, but after hearing my friends older Eclipse, (and it was only being pushed by a stupid sony amp) I am kinda hooked.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 620
ED,ID, and Eclpise's are all very good quality equipment. You will be very happy with any of those three choices. I love the IDQ's a lot but I also love the eclipse alum's hell of a quality sub. Also(lol) I really could never say anything bad at all about ED man you will be very appy no matter what speaker you pick its not like your choice's are sony,Pyle,and Adire ya know what I mean. They are all very good subs.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 507
Yeah, I know. It's just so hard to choose. I can get it narrowed down to about 4 companies, ID, DD, ED, and Eclipse, but after that... I know their all really good, that's where I have problems choosing. I'm gonna have the cash to get something new by tomorrow and I've been trying to figure out what to get for the past month. I'm going insane.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 622
I hear ya man. I get the same way. Well what type of deals have you found? how much power you got?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 509
Well, first I was set on getting the ED 16kv.2, which is 145 right now, and free shipping, direct from Elemental Designs. There is an IDQ12 v.2 D4 on Ebay for about 160 shipped. I found an Eclipse SW7124DVC for about 160 also, shipped, on Ebay. I really haven't looked into the prices for DD subs yet. I'm really leaning twords the Eclipse, 2nd choice being the 16kv.2. I really wanted some input from you guys though.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 626
thats a good choice. I am telling you cant go wrong with any of these brands they are all top quality. If it were me I would go IDQ,Eclipse,ED but the ED is also a bigger sub then the other two as well so that makes a difference. OK going back on that now I would go with the ED just cause I like 15's then the IDQ then the EClipse. Man you got my brain thinking on this one as if the decision were mine to make. lol!

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 510
I KNOW! Man I get so Addicted. I've had an MTX 311D and it pushed very very nicely. I was thinking about getting the 421D to run the Eclipse maybe, the mtx pushes 420 at 2 ohms, but then again that's at 14 volts. Any recommendations on a good budget amp to run some of these subs. Everything I am looking at is pretty much in the 350 - 500 watt rms range. I'm not really gonna go much bigger than that for now. This summer I'm gonna sell everything agian and get a Type X with a MRD-M1001.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 628
yeah the type X is a good sub but if you want my opinion go with a IDmax 12 with that amp for about the same price and you will hear the difference.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 511
I guess my main beef with the IDQ is the xmax. I know it's not supposed to be everything, but the Eclipse's has 1.4 inches of xmax. The IDQ has 13 mm. The IDQ would work good with the ported box I already have, not sure what size I would go if I had the Eclipse.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 512
Yeah. I meant to say I was gonna get a Type X. This was a while ago when I decided on it. Now I've changed my mind. I definitely am getting the mrd-m1001 to match up with my cda-9830, but I think I could get a better sub to be pushed with the 1000 clean watts the amp would put out.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 629
yeah I hear ya.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 513
So do you think the 421D would push the Eclipse, or should I get something different?

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 8
yeah acutally it is a few years old and i have heard it only it was when it was twin rockfords, i will only be getting one of them not both. By the way, what kinda of other equipment can you recommend? (deck, amp, speakers, etc, anything i would need.) For the deck i only have a few things i want it to have: turn knob for vol, not the up and down buttons i hate those, and plays mp3's, plus its gotta look sweet right :P

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 9
well i just bought an Alpine 9833 off of ebay... What are your thoughts on that?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 517
I'm sure you'll like the Alpine. I have the 9830 and I love it. I think the only diff. between the 30 and the 33 is a little bit more powerful amp and a better display. Their really not nearly as hard to use as people say they are either. Take a little to get used to, but oh well. My favorite part is probably the time correction. Trust me, it makes a very big difference.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 632
wow you didnt waste any time did you? lol! You should be happy with that deck. I love Alpine I have always had it and always will.

Bronze Member

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 12
Nope, no time wasting hehe :D im quite anxious as im sure you can tell :P
So now, I've got the deck... what speakers would you reccoment? I'm looking at component systems - Audiobahn DUB 600C's and Phoenix Gold 2005 models, what do you think between those two, or any better suggestions, I found those 2 systems for about 80 bucks on ebay.
After that I will ahve to buy that box for my truck, then get my free 10" rockford, then I guess I'm gonna need an amp... Got any suggestions for amps?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 523
Uhh, stay away from the Audiobahn's. Not the greatest quality. I don't know much about the Phoenix's, but I'm not sure how good their gonna be for 80 bucks. If I were you I'd get Infinity Kappas, or an Alpine system to match your headunit. That's just my 2 cents, the Type R component system isn't too expensive, and they do sound good, I've heard them.

Bronze Member

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 13
Well they are 80 bucks on ebay i think the retail for at least 200. I'm just trying to get the mmost for that low price range, i heard type R's were good too but i couldnt find any for cheap

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 524
Oh. If the Phoenix's are good then go for it, it's up to you. You could try the Type S components too, they are cheaper than R's.

Bronze Member

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 14
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D5750265895&ssPageName=S TRK:MEWA:IT

and

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D5750095842&ssPageName=S TRK:MEWA:IT

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 526
I honestly think something is fricken wrong with my computer. Ebay links never work. No matter if I click on them or copy and paste. What the heck is wrong.

Bronze Member

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 15
lol, no clue :-)

Bronze Member

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 16
actually i clicked on those and they dont work either which is wierd, it must be this forum

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 527
Maybe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us