Whats the minimum amount of watts a brahma needs to reach full x-max??

Anonymous

its a 12" and Im going to only have around 800 -1k watts will it be enuff for full linear excursion?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 498
I know it would work ok. I would try to go more twords the 1k end though. Your gonna want to get as much as you can outta that sub. I don't think it requires close to the max. rms to reach full excursion though. I hear of people running about 900 watts to it just fine.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 618
you actually dont need anywhere near that amount of power to bring that sub to full excursion. Depending on the amount of space you have that sub will reach full excursion with 500 watts in a 2.10 cu/ft sealed box which isnt very big. Here check this out. http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/BrahmaPowerHandling.pdf hope it helps. If you are going to be running that kind of TRUE power then go with a very small sealed box.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 506
Yup, larger the box lower the power handeling. If your gonna go with a ported box, which will probably be pretty big, you'd really only need from 450 - 600 watts according to that sheet. Sounds kinda low, but hey if it's what Adire recommends...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us