Please help with remote wire to HU

Bronze Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 32
I have a sony CDX-L410X headunit in a 96 VW, and i am hooking up a GM-x1040 to it with a small sub for now, but I was wondering where the remote wire goes to the headunit. I have it in the atenna wire right now, it had to be spliced for the plug to fit, but it doesn't turn on the amp. Any ideas on how to fix this. Is there another wire i could go to? Thanks for any help

joshg
Unregistered guest
Go to Sony's website they have the manual for your deck. You should have a Blue wire with a white stripe on the harness coming out of your deck. Attach your amp remote wire to this wire. Most antenna wires only have power when you are in radio mode.

josh

Bronze Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 33
Thanks. Im the 2nd owner of the car, and Im not sure who installed the HU, because the Antenna doesn't go up and down when it should, like when the radio is on. I don't know why not, but its alright. Thanks for the help!

Bronze Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 57
Sounds like you have the remote wire hooked up to the power antenna wire on the hu it should be hooked up to the SOLID BLUE wire on the hu not the blue/white stripe.Maybe thats why your antenna isnt going up/down. Check it to make sure if that dont work then idk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us