2 questions about amp kits

ampli
Unregistered guest
Ok question 1. where can I find a COMPLETE amp wiring kit? 2. I dont know how many amps my alternator is running, but if I get like a 80 amp fuse to hook up my amp will that be bad?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1439
Yes, cause most stock alternators are 65A - 75A the most. Don't use more than 60A fuse, unless you upgrade to HO alternators.
You can buy complete amp wiring kits from Walmart and any audio shops. They cost around $30 average.

amplifier
Unregistered guest
Yeah I think my truck's alternator is producing like 60 amps, would it be alright if I got a 70 amp fuse or no?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1443
Nothing's stopping you from using 70A fuse, but I wouldn't recommend using a fuse that's higher than your alternator's amperage.

ampli
Unregistered guest
The ones at walmart are only like 300 to 350 and 1400 watts, dont I need a 2000 watt amp cuz that is what kind of amp I have.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1459
Match the amp wiring it with your amp's power. So if you have 2000W RMS amp, then get 2000W rms kit. If walmart doesn't have anything that big, you can try BestBuy, Circuit City or any audio shops. Don't get fooled into buying expensive kits. 4 gauge wire is still 4 gauge no matter how much you pay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us