Is a new amp necessary yet?

Username: Jeze

Post Number: 10
I just brought two Audiobahn AW1206t subs and I haven't yet got an amp for it. The subs say to hook them up at w or 8 ohms. Will I need to get a new amp? I mean I will but not for a few weeks and since I already have a system with a dedicated sub amp, I figured I cold wait.

My amp: Sony XM-2165GT
Sub information:

1100 Watts RMS
Dual 4 ohm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Guess I should not have said tht I got audiobahns :-)

Little Glasswolf
Unregistered guest
What are the specs From the amp And Are the audiobahns 1100rms each? If they are Dual 4 ohm You can only hook them up at 1 ohm or 40hm. Have You noticed When Glass or Jonathan Say That Something Sucks Like Audiobahn, Or Other Brands Everybody else starts Saying It Sucks With out even having Experrience With The Brand. I remember glass saying That he didnt like the company Because of bad customer service.And everybody else started to say it sucks. Then when they Start saying brands Like Zapco,ppi,arc and all those other brands. All The Other People Start Taling About Wow Zapco this Arc That. I Personally Think IT's A bUnch of BullSh!t. People Just Follow what glass and jon say.Buy Whatever you want And If it sounds good to you keep it Dont Let anybody Choose Your system it's up to you.You Can Spend 600 Dollars On A System And Be just as happy. And That's how Much A Zapco Amp Will Cost You. Glass And Jon Are The same People I Know Because I could read IP adresses He's Also Kikki The Kat In that other website.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 270
I couldn't find anything on your Sony amp, but as long as the amp puts out I'd say 500-800W RMS per sub, then you should be ok. More than likely it's not going to, so, yes, you will probably need a 1000W to 1600W RMS amp for those two subs. I honestly haven't ever used them though, so they may take more or less to reach full excursion, but they definately won't need 1100W.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
"Have You noticed When Glass or Jonathan Say That Something Sucks Like Audiobahn, Or Other Brands Everybody else starts Saying It Sucks With out even having Experrience With The Brand."

I don't know about the Glass or Jonathan part but I know alot people will diss something because others say it without trying it themselves. Kind of sad really but hey, I will hear first hand if they suck or not.

"but they definately won't need 1100W"

Oh I know. My brain and body doesn't need 1100 Watts of pure bass either lol. Yeah, my amp features:

165 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
200 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
400 watts x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
stereo or bridged mono output
4-ohm stable in bridged mode
MOSFET power supply and output stages
50-300 Hz low-pass filter, 12 dB/octave

I had to get that from Ebay.

Oh yeah, how do you do quotes in this forum because [quote] does not work [/quote]

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 272
Yea, you should get a new amp, if you want to get more out of your subs. You can, for now, hook up 1 channel to each sub at 2 ohms. That would give 200W to each sub.

A.T.
Unregistered guest
Yeah, I have to agree it really is sad, I'ts Funny When somebody Says That sucks other people just copy off what others say.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us