Fosgate Amp/Sub Question

Unregistered guest
Ok, I recently bought the fosgate P5002 amp and 2 Fosgate Stage 2 200W RMS, 400W peak subs... the amp is rated at 125x2RMS@4ohms and 250x2RMS@2ohms... my question is... would it be safe to run the subs at 2 ohms with 250W RMS going to each sub when the RMS of the subs is 200... or would it be dangerous... thanks.

Unregistered guest
also, say I do bridge the amp... since I have 2 subs... how would I connect them to the amp without making it 2ohm bridged, which would mess up the amp... if I wire them in parallel I'll only be able to wire them to either the left or right channel... yet if I bridge them and connect them in mono I'll have 500Wx1 @ 2ohms which the amp isnt made for... since it'll be both parallel and bridged at the same time...
Anyone have any ideas as to how I would wire my subs to get 250W to each speaker or perhaps a mono bridged diagram that would keep the amp at 4 ohms will still connecting both subs
Appreciate it

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Your amp is Bridgable so do it. you will get 500w X 1 @ 2ohms and you wire your subs to 2ohms.

this IS your amp isnt it?
http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Rockford_Fosgate_Rockford_Fosgate_Punch_P5002_125W_x _2_Car_Amplifier_2_channel_Amps

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 398
That amp will put out the same amount of power no matter if it is bridged or not.
Each sub will git 250 watt's at 2 ohm's. Bridged, each will git 250 at 2 ohm's.
This will only work if your sub's are 4 ohm dvc I think.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
hes subs are 4ohm Single VC. so you know.
he HAS to do what i said. or hes feeding each 125wRMS @ 4ohms

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Bridge the amp first then wire subs like this...
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/2_4ohmSVC_2ohm.gif
and youll be set.

lets get this straight.
Amp: Punch P5002
2xSub: Punch Stage 2 12"

if those are correct than no problems.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 403
Ok, that's what I wasn't sure about!

Unregistered guest
umm... my amp is only stable @ 4 ohms bridged... not 2 ohms... thats the problem
and if I wire them in parallel without bridging... I'll get 2x250 @ 2 ohms... but I'll have to use either the left or right channel... which wont work either... cause my amp is 2 chan

if I bridge my amp... thats makin my amp 500x1 @ 4 ohms... thats fine right there for 1 sub... but if you add 2 subs that'll drop it down to 2 ohms and burn the amp out...
thats my issue. =\

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Bizrate had false information. sorry they supplied the info about bridging the amp down to 2ohms
I should have checked RF.
I was wrong.
125 W x 2 @ 4 Ohms RMS
250 W x 2 @ 2 Ohms RMS
500 W x 1 @ 4 Ohms Bridged RMS
thats what ur birthsheet says i bet.

Unregistered guest
yeah... now I Just gotta figure out how to set them up while keeping the amp stable... any ideas?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
1 sub per channel. all you can do.

Unregistered guest
hmm... how would I wire them in parallel to get the 250 W x 2 @ 2 Ohms RMS though... because there would only be 1 set of +/- wires after its wired in parallel... it would have to go to either the left or right channels... which would eliminate the purpose of going with parallel

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
1 sub per channel is. 1 is the left and one is the right.
It is a 2 chan right?
not that hard.
You cant get 250w RMS X 2 with only Single Voice Coils.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard/2_4ohmSVC_2ohm.gif
^1 channel and you get 250wRMS

Unregistered guest
umm... thats how I have it wired right now...
each sub is 4 ohms... the amp puts out 125x2 @ 4 ohms... I want to give them 250x2 @ 2 ohms... which the subs can handle... question is... how... since its a 2 channel amp...
understand?

Unregistered guest
what im saying is... the way i have it now... I have a left and a right pair of +/- coming out of my subs... since its @ 4 ohms... once its run in parallel I'll only have 1 pair of +/- coming out of the subs since they'll be wired together... thus I'll be forced to wire them either to the left or right channel of my 2 channel amp, defeating the purpose...
hope that explains my situation a bit more...
any ideas?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
you cant get 250x2 no matter what you do.
unless you just use one channel.
PERIOD.
Do research before purchase's.
dont let sales men tell you whats gunna "rock".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us